Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to what you think this motor might make. I have a new set of heads on way and excited to get together. Hopefully will dyno by end of the month.

406 sbc
compression should be 13.5-14 - 1
RHS 245 Heads from Chad Speier
intake flow
.700-331
.800-336.9

Professional products hurricane intake
4150 950hp blp carb.. want to try a dominator on dyno as well

SR Cam
276-284
.760 lift intake
.720 lift intake exhaust

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Just curious as to what you think this motor might make. I have a new set of heads on way and excited to get together. Hopefully will dyno by end of the month.

406 sbc
compression should be 13.5-14 - 1
RHS 245 Heads from Chad Speier
intake flow
.700-331
.800-336.9

Professional products hurricane intake
4150 950hp blp carb.. want to try a dominator on dyno as well

SR Cam
276-284
.760 lift intake
.720 lift intake exhaust
should run good.. does the hurricane manifold have any work done on it?

·
YB Liar and Chief
29,155 Posts
700 is there with that head with ease.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chad it's Henry the one you just shipped the heads and cam for. What manifold would you do and how much do you think it would see difference

·
Registered
7,905 Posts
Chad it's Henry the one you just shipped the heads and cam for. What manifold would you do and how much do you think it would see difference
If you have some time, like 2 weeks, let me port up a 2925 and send it over. You can try it on the dyno, sound good??

I'd try yours first, but the opening of the plenum worries me a little. We found this out on the 383 we tried that manifold on.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Does that matter when comparing chads rhs to the profilers?, curious cus I have talked to chad about both heads and he leaned towards the profiler. Op that is a stout build I think it will make 720 with chads intake !!

·
Registered
7,905 Posts
Chad how come not the profiler 240-245s on that? Are the rhs better for that application?
Not necessarily.. Don't get me wrong, the RHS is a great head. In fact I reworked the programs to fit into Dart aluminum and iron cores. They have a different chamber design than the Pro-Filer and it has it's advantages.

I will be honest. I have a pallet of 36 Pro-Filer cores at the CNC shop. It took a long time but I now have the core box like I wanted it. They have 2.160/1.650 seat rings, taller spring cups, and a smaller shrunk up port which allowed me to put a totally new chamber in the new CNC cores. The SSR, chamber and exhaust port is totally different in the new 245cc. The intake port is the same on the 227cc, but the exhaust and chamber are the new design.

So in the future I will have the RHS and Dart castings available, but will concentrate on the Pro-Filer cores. I have done 5-6 things for them and have a great working relationship. That is important to me.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts