Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Mine was up around 20% but I don't put much in there. I prolly should up that %. I think I only do 3% and my company matches up to 3%. I would have made a killing if all this time I was putting in like 10%. oh well.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
3 pages deep and no Trump haters have made their false claim they lost money ever since he took office. Shocker.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I don’t have any control over my investment in our company profit sharing system. In general it has not performed to my liking in recent years. We have worked back up to at least where we were when the Obama crash hit. I am getting near retirement age and worry about the market crash again if the Dems get in control. If I could I would move my money to a simple interest account just before the election if I could for a few months. Then if the climate looked good I could move it back to a more aggressive program. Unfortunately I can’t do that.
Our plan administrators tell us our portfolio has out earned the average over the past 5 years. It sucks when you loose when the market crashes. I plan to work another 8 years

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Mine is performing like everyone else but at what point should we stop investing and just leave it sit to where it can't go backwards? It has to crash at some point just not sure when that will be.
I think your asset allocation should reflect your risk tolerance. If you're 20 years from retirement, let er eat. If you're within 5 years of retirement, you may not have the time to recover from a large draw down, so you probably want to allocate a larger portion to things that will provide some stability during a recession, like bonds. And, even more conservative if you're already living on your investments.

All in or all out is a risky and difficult (perhaps foolish?)way to invest.

I'm 15-20 years from retirement, and almost all in still. By the time I retire I will be 50-60% in the market. Pretty common way to do it.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I don’t have any control over my investment in our company profit sharing system. In general it has not performed to my liking in recent years. We have worked back up to at least where we were when the Obama crash hit. I am getting near retirement age and worry about the market crash again if the Dems get in control. If I could I would move my money to a simple interest account just before the election if I could for a few months. Then if the climate looked good I could move it back to a more aggressive program. Unfortunately I can’t do that.
Our plan administrators tell us our portfolio has out earned the average over the past 5 years. It sucks when you loose when the market crashes. I plan to work another 8 years
The buildup to the crash was before Obama.The actual crash was in 2007. Followed by a devastating year in 2008. Obama was not elected until November of 2008. He didn't take over till January of 2009, and by then the economy was a total wreck. You can blame him for a lot of shit, but that mess he inherited

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
The buildup to the crash was before Obama.The actual crash was in 2007. Followed by a devastating year in 2008. Obama was not elected until November of 2008. He didn't take over till January of 2009, and by then the economy was a total wreck. You can blame him for a lot of shit, but that mess he inherited

View attachment 53797 View attachment 53798
Careful, people don't like that sort of logic around here.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
The reason I vividly remember is, I lost almost half of my 401 in 2008 as Bush was leaving office..400 grand cut in half. I still had my union pension to fall back on, as we had bargained for two retirement plans ( and been out on strike to keep them), but saw visions of a train wreck. Lucky for me, I kept right on buying at the time, and I was able to reep the rewards of buying low.

·
Registered
696 Posts
31% over 2019! Navy TSP.... “Your Personal Investment Performance (PIP) for the past 12 months 31.45%.” Ending 12/31/2019

·
Registered
717 Posts
I've done well with my 401k's.

I do need to consolidate them though.

Best advice to the younger members is, at a minimum match the money your employer will give you. If you can do the max, go and do it. Time is your friend. Be aggressive early investing while young and ride out the highs and lows.

Still kicking my self in the ass for not directly investing in the Dow Jones in the 2000's! But my funds were indirectly invested, so all good.

Your results may vary.

Good luck!

·
Registered
20,381 Posts

View attachment 53797 View attachment 53798
Agree however as a small business owner for over 25 years I NEVER had the feeling I have today with the manufacturing sector. Companies projecting multiple capital purchases out 6-8 months. Orders coming in with fill in the blank pricing, or open pricing! The Clinton era was good but that was because of "dot com" this feels better than it ever has.......Keep your foot on the gas

Confidence is what was missing in the previous administration. Trump's has delivered confidence to working America

·
Registered
28,425 Posts
Lost 16%... Who in the fuck loses money when it's raining money in the funds market!!!! I just feel sorry for the people that have a ton of cash in CD's and shit...

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
3 pages deep and no Trump haters have made their false claim they lost money ever since he took office. Shocker.
Waiting for them to show up!

·
Trolling the Trolls
14,190 Posts
Lost 16%... Who in the fuck loses money when it's raining money in the funds market!!!! I just feel sorry for the people that have a ton of cash in CD's and shit...
Why is that? I have $60k in CD's, laddered, getting 3.0, 3.1, and 3.25% yields, 2/3/5 year. Local credit union had the best rates and I jumped in.

My inherited IRA made $90k for the year, but I took 18k in disbursements. Part of it is locked in at 3.5% yield, the other two parts are tied to the market. With just a phone call I can move it all to the guaranteed 3.5%. Then with cash on hand buy anything I want at the bottom.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Earned 32% in spite of dipstick potus. 120k in investment return and mandatory 16k in withdrawals. Would have been better if that promised middle class tax cut manifested itself instead of going to the greedy bastards that didn't have any need for it.

·
Registered
14,743 Posts
Earned 32% in spite of dipstick potus. 120k in investment return and mandatory 16k in withdrawals. Would have been better if that promised middle class tax cut manifested itself instead of going to the greedy bastards that didn't have any need for it.
The fuckin stupid is deep here, and hit the Newbie thread dumbass

41 - 58 of 58 Posts