Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have to sell my current cam so now i need another cam and dont have the cash for a custom grind..was looking at a herbert cam the same exact specs as the howards one(everything is listed the exact same,little odd)..got a coupon for summit an have to get some other things so i was thinking about grabing this howards cam but never heard anything about people using them.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HRS-111083-10/

·
Registered
233 Posts
I used a Howards cam pretty similar to that. The only real differnce is the lift, mine was .620 lift and everything else was pretty much the same. It worked really well for me. I'd would deffinatley buy Howards

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info..nice car you got to..wish i had me a old camaro instead of this fox..

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Know of a couple local dragster guys that run them and i have not heard anything bad from either one, both of there cars run high 7's and you see them there every weekend,

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I have a howards solid roller in mine and have used a Flat tappet solid lift cam also. They have both been great.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have also ran two of there rollers good cams nothing wrong with them my brother gets a good deal on comp so that is what i been messing with.

·
Registered
212 Posts
i have ran them on two engines , not much diff. on them compared to other off the shelf cams , ultradyne/bullet makes the best custom cams . thats my opinion.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah i have a bullet cam now but i can't use it seeing its not for a sbc with a retianing plate an bullet advices against converting it so now i have to sell it an get one that i can use

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
have to sell my current cam so now i need another cam and dont have the cash for a custom grind..was looking at a herbert cam the same exact specs as the howards one(everything is listed the exact same,little odd)..got a coupon for summit an have to get some other things so i was thinking about grabbing this howards cam but never heard anything about people using the
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HRS-111083-10/
have used several..great product!!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Yeah i have a bullet cam now but i can't use it seeing its not for a sbc with a retianing plate an bullet advices against converting it so now i have to sell it an get one that i can use
Why not just eliminate the retaining plate and use a conventional chain and a thrust button ?

·
Registered
876 Posts
I have a Howards flat-tappet with the Howards direct lube solid lifters in my engine,been in there 4 whole seasons and 2 seasons of dirt track before i got the engine.My engine builder does 90% circle track stuff and uses alot of their products,rods cranks,cams etc......

·
Registered
344 Posts
Howards bought out Arringtons Engines cam dept. and brought some of the guys with them. thats who did my custom roller and couldnt be happier with them.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Pretty happy with the custom I got for my new engine. I have used allot of there cams in other engines over the years and never had a problem.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts