Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 30' danzer enclosed tag trailer and I'm finally ready to make it nicer. The jack handle broke this week and a few other things annoy me.

Its really tongue heavy bc of a matco box in the front. Whats a good electric jack that has a manual crank if the battery dies?

Whats the best way to make an insulated ceiling?

Can I run 120V wiring and do wall sockets like a house?

Is there an easy way to additional lighting?

How do you attach things to the walls and it still be stable?

I'm looking for suggestions of good bang for the buck mods.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Just be sure to run a breaker box for the electric and you'll be fine. I try to locate a stud if I'm attaching things to the wall but I've never been stable;). I'm planning on putting 110 thru mine this winter and I'm going to use PVC for conduit and run it along the ceiling with drops for surface mount receptacles. If you generator has a 220 plug use it and split at the breakers (this is what I was told by an electrician). Looking into insulating and putting in a ceiling myself. If I find something good, I'll let ya know. Good luck

·
Registered
401 Posts
get the 5,000 lb rated jack...50 bucks online..Bulldog

dont sweat the 110v wiring...mine has 1/2" conduit run along the walls and ceiling for lights and receptacles..install a breaker box..I have an outdoor type/flip up single receptacle with male end to where I can plug in and 110v extension cord for power...I have it plugged in all the time at home cause I have a battery tender keeping the battery alive..

·
Registered
401 Posts
yes manual...sorry..I forgot the name of the power nose jack I had on my 30'...had a slot where the handle could be inserted for manual..

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
You can also look at using a raceway called wiremold, for your power, on the walls, if they are already covered. they have nice almost flush outlet/switch boxes, for that part. Its real easy to install. Yes, on the small breaker box. You can get a cord to come out of the box, thru the floor to connect to generator.
I have a Atwood electric jack, worked good for 4 yrs., but getting another before season starts. Look at a lot of pics of new and used trailers for ideas to what you want/need in yours. Tons of inside pics on RJ. I will take a couple pics of mine, for you too, as soon as I get time to !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts