Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MIA/POW coin that I want to mount on my battery box,I know I could jus glue it on and it would be fine.Anyone have a trick way to to this?

·
T/S 368E
29,983 Posts

We have some very strong transparent coin holders. Go and get one and epoxy it to your box.
If or when you want to get the coin back, you just take the cover off.
Just a thought??

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Some clear RTV adhesive on the back to hold it down. The take some Ultra gray RTV and very carefully go around the out side edge. If you take your time, you could make it look like a nice weldeded bead around the edge.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
epoxy. or clear RTV.

We used to RTV coins to the floor in the cafeteria in HS after shop class, it was good fun. Then the janitor would come along with a scraper and there goes your dough.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Have someone cnc you a 2 piece holder out of billet aluminum.Polish it and bolt the base to the battery box.Put the coin in recess in bottom and bolt top,with hole slightly smaller than diameter of coin to hold it in, to the base.No damage to the coin and it will look kickass.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have someone cnc you a 2 piece holder out of billet aluminum.Polish it and bolt the base to the battery box.Put the coin in recess in bottom and bolt top,with hole slightly smaller than diameter of coin to hold it in, to the base.No damage to the coin and it will look kickass.
I wish I knew a place to do this

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
I wish I knew a place to do this
You could accomplish this with some flat stock a vice, drill and two hole saw blades. One just large enough for the coin to fit through and the other slightly smaller. You can drill a piece of 1/4, 3/16, or what ever thickness flat stock. Just take and drill half way through the flat stock with the bigger bit then come back with the smaller bit and drill it all the way through.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts