Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
almost finished up on a bbc 604ci f3-123 build .the plan is to put this motor in a dragster to go play. used this motor because i already had it , conventional heads dominator blowthru.msd 7535 box alkyfuel. new diamond pistons 11-1 comp. can you put a 4150 carb on this motor to kill some hp? looking for some suggestions thanks. car is 2012 miller 4-link i expect 2100 lbs race ready

·
Registered
275 Posts
I guess it depends, how much et do you want to kill?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a freind of mine just built a 565 pump gas truck motor with an f2r made 1345hp at 7000 rpm 1025 lbs torque

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
If you use the smaller carb to slow it down and don't slow the blower down you will see an increase in boost pressure to the carb. It's acting like a restrictor.

I tried slowing mine down awhile back by screwing the throttle stop in so throttle only opened about half way, boost went to over 50 psi.

Slow the blower down is best way.

Blessings...........Ron

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks ron , do you think it will run right at only 12 lbs boost , if the carb is tuned for max effort ,this is a first for me with a carb .always ran enderle injection

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Just like your Enderle, take a little fuel away from it. But the "boost referencing" adjusts the fuel curve the most.

Run it first to get a base line. Then you will know direction.

Blessings.........Ron

1 - 10 of 10 Posts