Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the economy not rebounding like most predicted earlier this year and job growth stagnant, how will this new twist affect your lives?
I know it has been a struggle as a smal business owner to keep up with my bills and stay in business. Just when it started to pick up around April, it flatlined for us most of the summer.
We made it through the initial recession but don't think we can handle another hit.
Seems like the days of running a small speed business are becoming history.

I welcome feedback.....

·
El Diablo Blanco
6,780 Posts
Not sure. I work for the Army (civilian side) and we've heard it won't affect us, then we've heard we might be furloughed again. Who knows.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Doubt I'll notice much, but we shall see.

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
Sister in law is on the civilian side of the navy and she'll be fine. After that, not a fuck given of the majority of the scum bag poloticians. (do feel bad for the local level people)

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
I can tell you the shutdown is already fucking soldiers. I know people that can't go to ALC school, recruiting school, not getting orders. I know a guy that has been planning to go on recruiting duty for months, should already have his orders, not now though because of the "shutdown". Are we going to get a break on taxes because of the shutdown?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Won't affect me at all. Personally they should all be fired and we should start over with term limits and balanced budget amendment as the first two things done.

To the above poster, taxes will still be collected, SS recipients will still get their money, USPS will still operate, and I believe that most welfare programs will not be affected initially.

The military will see it hard though.

·
Capri For Sale
12,961 Posts
My wife works for a government contractor and was told that if this shit comes to pass she will be furloughed until further notice. This is a bunch of bullshit afaic.

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
My wife works for a government contractor and was told that if this shit comes to pass she will be furloughed until further notice. This is a bunch of bullshit afaic.
If it's such bullshit I hope you are calling your representatives and letting them know that they should accept the same health care system as the people they represent.

·
Pro Spectator
5,550 Posts
As long as I keep the TV off and the radio news off I will be ok
This ^
The sequester was supposed to be the end of the world. The dems have a hard-on to shut down the gov't so they can blame the GOP. The inside the beltway republicans want the shut down so they can distance them selves from the TEA party. It's all a fuckin sham IMO

Oh and the lamestream leftwing media is right there with the dems so they can further demonize the right.

·
Registered
29,304 Posts
Turns out Obama prefers his health care plan more than the Military.. Put that piece of shit program on the shelf for a year and move forward.

My Son is three weeks into the Navy boot camp. He is not sure he is going to get his first pay check. Of course I will deposit into his account what our shitty government can't if it gets to that point. Their pay checks should be first on the chopping block and see how they like it.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
The thing that really pisses me off is that the Congress will still get paid. What is good for the goose, is good for the gander. Fuck em and feed em fish heads. Fuck the common Joe, but have your hand stuck out on payday. Cocksuckers.

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
Free phone, you mean a Reagan phone?
Pretty sure he meant Obama phone!...
Reagan may have started the program...............but Obama found millions of folks that hadn't heard about it and got 'em straightened out!... :smt102

1 - 20 of 109 Posts