2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its going in a 377, about 13:1
Its a comp solid roller
.440 lobe lift, .660 with 1.5 rockers
304 int [email protected]
312 exhaust [email protected]
113 lobe separation
Is it a good 1/4 mile cam? Going in my truck, 5000 vert, trucks around 3000# 4:88's 29"tire
Heads arent great, they are bowtie II
Thoughts and opinions, Thanks!

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
No, it will not work.

how fast do you want this to go? I think that is where you need to start. then you will know what heads, converter, and cam you will need.

if you care more about using the parts you already have, then let us know.

·
Registered
34,558 Posts
Against everyone's opinion, that cam can, and would of worked, but you would just have to raise the stall to beyond 7,000 rpm. We put one in a 322 in a sub par vega because the guy ran out of money, and I had it lying around. It had close to .700 on the intake, and a tad more duration. Everyone said it wouldn't work, and the first week we were in everyone's way. We put a 6.20 gear in it, ( power glide mind you) a 7,200 stall and for the rest of the year, we only lost one round in local no break out racing. We actually ran that cam in our SS/CS small blocks with a stick years ago, and we made it to work fine. It did, however, have a 108 centerline.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.