Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new ATS-V has really caught my eye and I'd love to have one as my "nice" car, but there's no way I can afford $66k new. I'm hoping they will be much more affordable in 4 years or so. Does a Cadillac's resale value still drop like a rock like they used to? How well have the CTS-Vs been holding up?

In case you haven't heard of it, 3600 lb Zeta platform, 434 up twin turbo V6, and a 6 speed manual.

·
Age of Acquiescence
31,490 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet! Maybe then I can get one in the low 30s in 4 years lol. I figure the V model would hold its value better, though. Is that the case with the CTS vs CTS-V?

·
Age of Acquiescence
31,490 Posts
I'm sure the V-editions hold value better, mainly due to limited availability.

I would definitely look into buying it used after 2-4 years if you're hung up on it.
I sat in the back of them and if you have kids, fughedaboudit.

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
They have absolutely shitty resale value and there is honestly not a good reason for it (well, if its happening, there is obviously a good reason, but who knows what exactly it is), other than the competition cars simply depreciating faster for good reasons (electronic and mechanical issues, whether perceived or real).

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I recently Bought a 2004 Escalade with 55,000 miles ,florda car ,clean car fax with detail service records, for 15.5K plus tax.. title etc... most were in the 20K range for the year and milage. I did look at some of the CTS V and they were still up there in price for the milage.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
It's made by GM so you can bet the value is in the SHITTER.

Very few American vehicles hold their residual value EXCEPT for the most desired models such as the ZO6 and CTSV's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts