Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a set of solid roller lifters for my Ford FE 427 stroker (484 cu/in). The block I'm using is a '66 427 solid lifter block, not drilled for pressurized oil feed to the lifter bores. To use solid roller lifters I need to use needle rollers. I'm not sure of the brand, seller thought Crower or Lunati but he's not sure. How do I tell if these are needle or bushed?

Thanks!
Doug

·
Registered
107 Posts
Crower puts their name on them, and their bushing lifter is the "EnduroMax" lifter, says so right on the tie bar link. I don't believe Lunati has a bushing lifter, and if they did, it would likely be the Morel body. Those lifters do not look like Morel either, so my guess is they are needle. Sometimes you can shift the wheel over to one side and tip the lifter the opposite way, shine a flashlight in there and you can see the ends of the needles. I have done that before, not sure if it will work on those but try it. I have a center oiler and use bushing lifters, but I drilled the lifter oil galleys, bushing lifters need more oil than needles, that is for sure, bushings wouldn't last very long at all without pressured oil.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts