Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Budget Beater
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK folks, I bought what is supposed to be a B&M 142 for a SBF super cheap, how can I tell what it actually is? I can't hardly find crap on the net about them :confused:

Thanks

·
Budget Beater
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so your going to ask the bullet what it is and not even post a pic or casting numbers ??

Was asking if there is a way to tell the difference, didn't know you needed a visual guide :rolleyes: :finga: lol

I'll get a pic of it tomorrow just for you sweetheart! lmao

·
Budget Beater
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think they made either 142's or 144's and a bigger model...177 maybe? Either way there has to be some sort of number on it somewhere that will help you identify it.
From what I have read it should be a 177 as thats all they made for the SBF :smt102 Gonna just call Holley tomorrow

·
Budget Beater
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
67 bird, I only seen one set of holes, I know what size they have for the chevy based, just not much info for the fords

·
Budget Beater
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think that's right they made a 144 and a 174 I believe. I have one that we just put on a stock 5.0L motor going into a maverick... with a cheater kit under the carb. of course. LOL. Hoping to have it running in a few weeks. If you want me to take measurements of the one on this motor I can. Pretty sure mine's a 144. Nick

I'm just going off info I can find, I got this one from an old guy that couldn't remember what size it was.
For what I gave for it, it doesn't matter what size it is! lol
Post some pics of the setup if you can, would like to see it.

·
Budget Beater
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just called Holley, serial number does them no good :smt072 I did measure between the studs and that is what they need to identify it as well. It is the 144, now I can order the gaskets and get this thing going :drinkers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts