Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Budget Beater
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK folks, I bought what is supposed to be a B&M 142 for a SBF super cheap, how can I tell what it actually is? I can't hardly find crap on the net about them :confused:

Thanks

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
no numbers on it??? maybe call them on monday

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
so your going to ask the bullet what it is and not even post a pic or casting numbers ??

·
Registered
769 Posts
I think they made either 142's or 144's and a bigger model...177 maybe? Either way there has to be some sort of number on it somewhere that will help you identify it.

·
Budget Beater
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so your going to ask the bullet what it is and not even post a pic or casting numbers ??

Was asking if there is a way to tell the difference, didn't know you needed a visual guide :rolleyes: :finga: lol

I'll get a pic of it tomorrow just for you sweetheart! lmao

·
Budget Beater
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think they made either 142's or 144's and a bigger model...177 maybe? Either way there has to be some sort of number on it somewhere that will help you identify it.
From what I have read it should be a 177 as thats all they made for the SBF :smt102 Gonna just call Holley tomorrow

·
Registered
340 Posts
I don't think that's right they made a 144 and a 174 I believe. I have one that we just put on a stock 5.0L motor going into a maverick... with a cheater kit under the carb. of course. LOL. Hoping to have it running in a few weeks. If you want me to take measurements of the one on this motor I can. Pretty sure mine's a 144. Nick

·
Registered
28,991 Posts
They don't have part numbers on them. There are two sets of mounting holes on the rear/backside of the manifold. The closest ones are approx 9 5/8" apart, they would be for the 142/144. the second set is approx 10 3/4" apart they are for the 162 (yes that is right) and the 174/177 I do have a couple set's of gaskets that I measured to get those dimensions.

I had all the specs before (on old computer) but they are all determined on case length. 144 was the smallest, 162 (pre 80's first one built) than 174 is the longest. Those were single carbs, then the 250's were dual carbs.

Hope that helps. I'm going off of Chevystuff I had, not sure about a Ford manifold.

·
Budget Beater
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
67 bird, I only seen one set of holes, I know what size they have for the chevy based, just not much info for the fords

·
Budget Beater
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think that's right they made a 144 and a 174 I believe. I have one that we just put on a stock 5.0L motor going into a maverick... with a cheater kit under the carb. of course. LOL. Hoping to have it running in a few weeks. If you want me to take measurements of the one on this motor I can. Pretty sure mine's a 144. Nick

I'm just going off info I can find, I got this one from an old guy that couldn't remember what size it was.
For what I gave for it, it doesn't matter what size it is! lol
Post some pics of the setup if you can, would like to see it.

·
Tellin' it like it is
9,750 Posts
If its a ford, it will be a 174. It should have a radically offset drive snout on it, thats how you spot the Ford unit.

·
SomeWhat Jaded
4,772 Posts
call holley Tech line..IIRC they took over B&M blowers back in the jeff king days/

·
Budget Beater
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just called Holley, serial number does them no good :smt072 I did measure between the studs and that is what they need to identify it as well. It is the 144, now I can order the gaskets and get this thing going :drinkers:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts