Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, considering this fuel for my car. Since most of the stations that carry this are kinda far from me Im going to get a 55 gal drum at the house just to make sure Im full before I leave. It gets hot in my garage during summer months and is unheated for the most part during the winter with occasional heat when Im out there working. How will this affect the E85 and storage?

·
LSx The World
4,035 Posts
Hi, considering this fuel for my car. Since most of the stations that carry this are kinda far from me Im going to get a 55 gal drum at the house just to make sure Im full before I leave. It gets hot in my garage during summer months and is unheated for the most part during the winter with occasional heat when Im out there working. How will this affect the E85 and storage?
im in the same situation but I was gonna get 4 15 gallon plastic drums so that I can take 2 (30 gallons) to the track with me
subscribing

·
Registered
720 Posts
Store it just like any other race fuel. Keep it in a sealed drum...either poly or lined steel drum.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Store it just like any other race fuel. Keep it in a sealed drum...either poly or lined steel drum.
This is correct , Place a couple 2x4's under the drum and I have a deficient bag that I leave on top of the barrel.(not sure this does anything lol). As long as its seal up there is no issue.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Ok thanks! Where the best place to get lined drums or the plastic ones?
I used an old VP fuel barrel I got from a friend that had just emptied it. I paid his $20 deposit for him. Went to the pump and $197 later had me 55glns of e-85. Great stuff btw! are you carbed or injected?

·
LSx The World
4,035 Posts
So I can blow bubbles too when I drive the car?? :smt083
I was thinking the same that it would probably be better to buy a virgin drum
or maybe even one that had vegetable oil in it

·
Registered
31 Posts
i have been thinking about going to E85. it is a 2.5 round trip for me to get it how long will it last, if u pump it in to say a old vp drum and leave it sealed up in the shop minus opening to dip in to it for fill ups?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I was talking to the people at rocket brand fuels about there E85 (which is retarded expensive$74 for 5gal)and they told me 2 years as long as you seal it properly.

·
Mstr Of Useless Knowledge
3,446 Posts
I keep mine in plastic 55 gal. drums that I get from work..... They get flushed out where I work before they can send them to the recyclers and they will usually give me one every now and then... Ours usually have detergents and such in them.. I just take my drum dowm to the local station fill it up and put it in a fire rated drum cabinet that I also got from work they were going to recycle... donated $15 to Relay for Life.. all of our recycled stuff gets sold and the money goes to the cause... It's a win win....

·
Registered
323 Posts
WTH? Its $3.20 everywhere, how can they justify $15 a gal???
That is what i thought,Call your self could not beleave they said that.I saw them on horsepower tv and was curious,Then i am pretty sure they said 105 to ship it to NY state whether it was 5 or 55 gal.there reason to me was it's 112 octane.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts