Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 250 Posts

·
Uses A Point and Shoot
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Good shots, last two are the best IMO. I personally try to get 80%+ of the car in focus for the "perfect" slow shutter shots. If I get 20-50% only in focus, then I usually go 1 click faster.

Also, shooting open wheel cars are tougher then full body!

·
Uses A Point and Shoot
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Shots are great! 1/200th is probably about right for panning at the stripe.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Some cool pics and good tips,i could use some tips on night shots.Using the built in flash,stills are great,motion/action shots not so great,blurry.Figured not enough lite,so i bought a external or add on flash thinking it may help?Havent used it yet.So any tips would be great,as far as settings to start with,directing the flash and so on.My camera is a digital Olympus E-500 and the new flash is an Olympus FL-36R all help is appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Some cool pics and good tips,i could use some tips on night shots.Using the built in flash,stills are great,motion/action shots not so great,blurry.Figured not enough lite,so i bought a external or add on flash thinking it may help?Havent used it yet.So any tips would be great,as far as settings to start with,directing the flash and so on.My camera is a digital Olympus E-500 and the new flash is an Olympus FL-36R all help is appreciated thanks.
I have known people and still do, that struggle with digital flash at night. It can be a differant animal to get satisfactory results. IMO, you really need to look at the manual for your equipment and tweek it. ..... Some examples and ideas to work with.

1- You need to find out you shutter/flash sync speed.
2- IMO, an external flash is the only way to go. Check with your manufacture to see what they suggest for wich flash unit best suits your needs.
3- The higher your iso, the more power/distance you will get out of your flash.Use caution here though, some bodys will let you shoot at 1600iso and be virtually noise free, while some ,it's better to stay at 400iso.
4- I recomend using all manual settings for flash photography.It give you more control of what your shooting and when.
5- As a last resort, consider full prograhm mode with TTL setting on the flash but, I don't recomend this,you may not like the results due to glare, flash kickback and anbiet light.
6- When your ready to go,try your stuff out in a parking lot with cars. ie; differant colors, settings and distance. Check your extiff and see what works. It's conna take some time but be patient and remember, IT'S ONLY DIGITAL, if you don't like it, delete.

Note ; the opions reflected here are soely that of the author,they do not reflect on our sponsors,advtisers or owners of this station. Any reply or rebuttle to these statments may be made no later that the date posted or a hand written document may be mailed to your nearest post box. Tax, license,dealer prep does not apply. Consult you state litterary for further referance. :p..................OMG ! I need to get a life ! ................................:smt082:smt082

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thank you for the suggestions,i will do some experimenting! BTW i will have my lawyer call your lawyer and we can get all the proper paper work in order and remove any legalities from yourself concerning the above mentioned statments,opinoins,and any portrayal of having knowledge of the ARTS OF PHOTOGRAPHY.:-D

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Thank you for the suggestions,i will do some experimenting! BTW i will have my lawyer call your lawyer and we can get all the proper paper work in order and remove any legalities from yourself concerning the above mentioned statments,opinoins,and any portrayal of having knowledge of the ARTS OF PHOTOGRAPHY.:-D
:smt082 :smt082 :smt082

·
Registered
500 Posts
Excellent writeup and advise. I'm a big fan of motion in My shots as well. I picked up allot of advise the last 2 years from some great photogs ( Dudes like John ForeIII and Roger Richards. I really like getting motion in night shots. I'll have to dig around in the HD and find some to post.

·
Uses A Point and Shoot
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
The shot of the Mustang is awesome ! I can almost hear it
screaming. A great capture.
I can almost hear Millen on the 2 step!

pop pop pop

21 - 40 of 250 Posts