Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to Pack Drag Parachutes Video by Quarter-Max® with Rickie Jones

I have had alot of racers ask me about how to pack parachutes. Many of them had problems with chute failures. I thought this video could help some of you. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Thanks for the video!

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Is it me, or what, but where is the big spring? My stroud is a bitch to stuff in by myself. Or was that a "launcher" chute?

EDIT: Nevermind, saw that was a launcher style.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Is it me, or what, but where is the big spring? My stroud is a bitch to stuff in by myself. Or was that a "launcher" chute?

EDIT: Nevermind, saw that was a launcher style.
Mine has the spring too and it is annoying to put in the pack with it, however the video sure makes getting the chute and lines packed up easier. It is suppose to be 65 and warm today and I may open the shop doors and try this. Thanks for the help RJ.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I did the Stroud spring launchers for many years. Not fun getting the spring back in but very reliable. I switched to air a few years back and truly made packing chutes a 1 man task. Air has it's down side too.....simplified after buying a couple spare bottles from RJ's!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks Rickie,I,m going to crew the John Woods firebird you guys built last year for a friend of mine based in Las Vegas.Been 10 years since I packed a chute and the refresher is very helpful.RJ Race Cars are the nicest on the market,thanks for a great product and support. Kevin Briles

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Rickie,I,m going to crew the John Woods firebird you guys built last year for a friend of mine based in Las Vegas.Been 10 years since I packed a chute and the refresher is very helpful.RJ Race Cars are the nicest on the market,thanks for a great product and support. Kevin Briles
you're welcome good luck with the car and thank you for the compliments, it is always nice to hear from someone that enjoys the hardwork we put into the cars, good luck!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hey RJ,
I just got rid of my spring and went with the air launcher. I spoke to shroud and they don't recomend (as well as u won't) using NO 2 to use instead of air. It would have 8 ft of #3 line . I dont think it would ever reach the cylinder. I figured it will always be full so no mistakes running out of air or not arming.Also shut off bottle and easy purge out the system, turn on bottle arms launcher cylinder .Idiot proof ,lol

Anyone out there doing this ?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey RJ,
I just got rid of my spring and went with the air launcher. I spoke to shroud and they don't recomend (as well as u won't) using NO 2 to use instead of air. It would have 8 ft of #3 line . I dont think it would ever reach the cylinder. I figured it will always be full so no mistakes running out of air or not arming.Also shut off bottle and easy purge out the system, turn on bottle arms launcher cylinder .Idiot proof ,lol

Anyone out there doing this ?
In our pro nitrous cars we use the nitrous to run the parachutes.
Instead of using -3 line which like you said might be too small, we put a "T" before the ball valve and run an air regulator with a 3/8 air line to the parachutes. We should have the regulator and fittings in stock depending on the thread size of your ball valves.

·
Registered
434 Posts
In our pro nitrous cars we use the nitrous to run the parachutes.
Instead of using -3 line which like you said might be too small, we put a "T" before the ball valve and run an air regulator with a 3/8 air line to the parachutes. We should have the regulator and fittings in stock depending on the thread size of your ball valves.
Thanks , I will give u a call if i need some parts. I was thinking a #3 because its omly 1 chute .(?)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts