Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can one lose his (her) 2nd amendment rights?

Example, if you are a convicted criminal, you can't buy a gun.

What are some other common ways to lose your 2nd amendment rights?

Can you have medical marijuana AND retain your right to arm?

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
6,103 Posts
This may be an unpopular opinion, but if a convicted felon serves their time and is released, I'm of the mind that they should have ALL their rights reinstated.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
In the current environment, ERPO will strip you of 2A rights in theory until you prove your innocence.

·
Registered
20,798 Posts
In the current environment, ERPO will strip you of 2A rights in theory until you prove your innocence.
X2.

Dangerous laws.

·
Dyslexic Lord of the Sith
3,632 Posts

No, the Federal government does not recognize medical use as legal. It is still prohibited.

·
Meh Commander
13,174 Posts

1 A domestic violence convention ... you’ll loose your firearm rights for a few years.
2 A restraining order and or unstable behavior ... can result in being restricted.
I think they both kind of fall into the red flag law thing and differ from state to state.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Just thinking back on some of the questions on the CC renewal. Domestic Violence, 2 or more DUIs in 5yrs. There were a lot more.

·
Registered
20,798 Posts
Just thinking back on some of the questions on the CC renewal. Domestic Violence, 2 or more DUIs in 5yrs. There were a lot more.
I wonder why they don’t strip people of their 1st amendment rights as well? Oh, wait, doesn’t help with the agenda of course. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
This may be an unpopular opinion, but if a convicted felon serves their time and is released, I'm of the mind that they should have ALL their rights reinstated.
You're right, it is an unpopular opinion and I disagree with you 100%

·
Age of Acquiescence
31,452 Posts
False.

Depends on the level of the crime you were convicted of.
Misdemeanors are not like Felonies.

A felony = your 2A rights are vacated. Domestic Violence, can lead to forfeit of 2A rights
However, even with Felonies, SOME you can still get your rights reinstated with a process.
non-Violent felonies , of course.....

I'm also of the belief that a man that is released from the courts, or incarceration is a
100% free American with all their rights reinstated upon being released. The Government
has stolen this from America decades ago.

The truth of the matter is America is the most incarcerated country in the civilized (and
uncivilized) world
because the Prison Industrial Complex , and many other interests deem
it necessary to over-legislate our society. Today, allegedly people commit in the realm of
3 felonies a day living their day to day lives. It's a profiteering venture behind it all.

yes ERPO aka "Red Flag" laws are basically usurping your due process guaranteed by the
US Constitution. It's only a matter of time......

·
Age of Acquiescence
31,452 Posts
Also.....

Do not combine Legal guns with (State) legalized Marijuana

It is still a Schedule 1 drug on the Federal roster, and both together = Felony

Some believe this is being done purposely ......to disarm more Americans.

·
Satans Daddy
15,780 Posts
I agree to a point, must be a non-violent felony.

·
The Liquor Makes Me Think
3,150 Posts
Also.....

Do not combine Legal guns with (State) legalized Marijuana

It is still a Schedule 1 drug on the Federal roster, and both together = Felony

Some believe this is being done purposely ......to disarm more Americans.

I heard in PA that you had to choose between keeping the CCW card or a Med MJ card. Could not have both issued to you at the same time.

Not sure of that was pushed thru as law or just proposed.

·
Registered
14,336 Posts

Exactly. So to answer the question raised, all you have to do is sit on your own couch. Peacefully eating dinner with your family will do it too. Take care. Tom Worthington

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Exactly. So to answer the question raised, all you have to do is sit on your own couch. Peacefully eating dinner with your family will do it too. Take care. Tom Worthington
Depends on the state. Some have higher levels of required evidence than others prior to issue of ERPO

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
6,103 Posts
I agree to a point, must be a non-violent felony.
I'm not sure it really matters to me. If the state has deemed them fit to return to society, then so be it. If not then why return them to society, keep their ass locked up.
I'm all for a probationary period after their release however.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
I'm not sure it really matters to me. If the state has deemed them fit to return to society, then so be it. If not then why return them to society, keep their ass locked up.
I'm all for a probationary period after their release however.
Yup, otherwise, one must come to terms with the "punishment" failed, or was not actually worth doing.

Either folks are "rehabilitated" or they are not.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Maybe it's just me but can anyone point out where in the 2nd Amendment it says that the right is subject to other laws or convictions of other laws?

To me, "shall not be infringed" means if an individual is free and not under incarceration, they have the right to bear arms.

Go ahead and flame me for saying it but no where in the amendment does it mention any stipulations for keeping a God given right.

The amendment itself does not grant the right but rather protects it from being taken away or restricted.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts