Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any tips on how to hook on a true dot tire, 275-60-15
bbc small cam. 049 heads. 200 shot of nitrous, and a stock suspension malibu wagon?

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
True is some places means not a racing DOT

Yes get a Durometer to start with, work on a Ton of front end travel a loose rear ext and really tight compression with a lot of anti squat.

·
Registered
247 Posts
with the right tires , suspension setup and converter its pretty easy. i used sand bags at first then figured out i didnt need them, i would get back into it if we had any intrest in this area.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not a drag radial. what type of converter, tight or loose? i was thinking of putting a micro switch on the first gear to hold off the spray until it hits second gear, just to help get out of the hole. it is a 350 turbo, also is using the brake out of the question?

·
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
12,739 Posts
not a drag radial. what type of converter, tight or loose? i was thinking of putting a micro switch on the first gear to hold off the spray until it hits second gear, just to help get out of the hole. it is a 350 turbo, also is using the brake out of the question?
TH350? I would suggest footbraking and leaving in second gear. Sure, you'll probably lose 2 tenths by doing that, but it will be a consistant 2 tenths and you can count on the tires not blowing off at the hit. You may even be able to spray right out of the hole and gain the 2 tenths you would lose right back.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
umm.. this should be interesting.. i would deff look into swapping in a glide for starters.. that first gear is gona blow them off with any power..

very soft application of power.. not "hitting the tire hard".. long IC.. lots of front end travel but with a good shock that will control the rate of travel very well.. good double adjustable rear shocks.. perfect rear suspension geometry.. perfect shock settings, anti roll bar, perfect tire pressure, lots lots lots of testing.. tight converter leaving and really low rpms or footbraking, power glide, progressive controller, traction control,

·
Registered
653 Posts
Power management!

I ran a glide and 2.73 gears last year, 400lbs in the back, 255/60 futura tires. Junkyard 5.3 with a turbo in my ltd, turbo cars definitely make it a challenge, I think the nitrous cars have it a little easier. I've been 1.56 60ft and 10.25 at 143mph on the street tires at over 4000lbs with the weight added.

Reactions: DualQuadDave

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My combo has changed to a small block, with a 4:56, tighter convertor, and a progressor also. I think I'm just going to start testing and have fun doing it. Thanks for the info and keep it coming. Thanks Brian.

·
Registered
99 Posts
As said above, 1st gear with the 3 speed is gonna be a no no. If u gonna keep the 3 speed your are gonna have to start off in 2nd or shift it out of low into 2nd about the time front end lifts. Progressive control, ramp timing, & know how hard to push it without over doing it. Oh yea< all the other tings mentioned above too. Test,test,test. you on asphalt or preped concrete?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Preped track. I might go with a glide. I like to know what kind of shocks front and rear do you guys recommend?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts