Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A track very close to me had a bracket race/grudge race event this past Saturday. Our Governor (North Carolina) may or may not have approved. It's tough to read. However, what this track operator did was to approach the county sheriff. After all, the sheriff's deputies are the ones who have to shut things down or let them progress. He asked the sheriff what he needed to do to avoid being shutdown and was given a set of specific guidelines. They were not restrictive at all. They were basically common sense during any flu season. A sheriff's deputy who had not gotten "the word" did show up to the track. But he was there in response to a local noise complaint. He listened to the folks at the gate and went on his way. No choice but to investigate a complaint, but that is where it ended. Of course, this "cure" requires a bit of leg work by each track operator, but it is doable. And, of course, it depends on the individual sheriff. Never forget, sheriffs are elected, police chiefs are appointed. It makes all the difference in the world. And by the way, this track operator has already stated that he plans to be open next Saturday. Can't wait. Take care. Tom Worthington

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
The problem is, if they go against state recommendations, and someone gets sick, of multiple people get sick, the track is going to have litigation issues to deal with then. It isn't right. But I would just bet.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
78,153 Posts
The problem is, if they go against state recommendations, and someone gets sick, of multiple people get sick, the track is going to have litigation issues to deal with then. It isn't right. But I would just bet.
HAS OUR POPULATION EVER BEEN ABLE TO RUN FROM THE FLU?....EVEN WITH A VACCINATION?.. AT SOME POINT WE ARE GONNA HAVE TO LET GO...AND GET BACK TO LIVING... BECAUSE IF WE DONT....ITS NOT LIVING..ITS EXISTING

·
T/S 368E
27,693 Posts

From we saw posted, the State Police were the ones barricading the entrance, not the local Sheriff.
So I highly doubt the State Police will give a damn how intelligently a tracks being safe, if they get a call, they will over rule a local/county deal you make :(

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
HAS OUR POPULATION EVER BEEN ABLE TO RUN FROM THE FLU?....EVEN WITH A VACCINATION?.. AT SOME POINT WE ARE GONNA HAVE TO LET GO...AND GET BACK TO LIVING... BECAUSE IF WE DONT....ITS NOT LIVING..ITS EXISTING
I completely agree. But the reality is, if they go against any state or local recommendation, they are completely vulnerable in this litigious society we live in. Easy for me to say that they need to man up and do what is right. But I don't pay their legal bills either.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I completely agree. But the reality is, if they go against any state or local recommendation, they are completely vulnerable in this litigious society we live in. Easy for me to say that they need to man up and do what is right. But I don't pay their legal bills either.
you sign a waiver to get in the track releasing the owners from liability why would this be any different?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
If you are sick STAY the fuck home. If you cant properly social distance or whatever the b.s. is called at a drag strip something is wrong. Hell you can go into wal mart with 500 people trapped inside but cant go outside at a huge ass race track and race?? Give me a break.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
you sign a waiver to get in the track releasing the owners from liability why would this be any different?
Time and time again the waiver hasn't proven to be worth anything. Plus, if you can prove that the track was negligent in opening the track against governing suggestions, again the waiver is null.

·
Registered
34,786 Posts
People will always get sick. In a drag strip you are saver than in a Walmart or hair salon.. Come on let's stop being cowards or we won't have a sport.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
People will always get sick. In a drag strip you are saver than in a Walmart or hair salon.. Come on let's stop being cowards or we won't have a sport.
I agree and when opens anywhere near me, I'm there. But I don't pay the bills at the track....the owner has a lot more things to think about.....things he shouldn't have to think about. But right now businesses are being left wide open for litigation. I would like the tracks and other businesses to take a stand. But it isn't the virus they fear. It's stupid people.

·
T/S 368E
27,693 Posts

That's racist, how dare you call stupid people stupid!!!!

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Time and time again the waiver hasn't proven to be worth anything. Plus, if you can prove that the track was negligent in opening the track against governing suggestions, again the waiver is null.
if waivers are not worth anything then why does every race track in America still use them?
show us a few examples if its been proven worth less time after time.

·
T/S 368E
27,693 Posts

That's why I always say there are 2 kinds of liberals, and nobody has proven me wrong yet!!!!

1st type is the kind that truly want to help people, as long as they don't have to pay for it.
They want the guy smarter than them, works harder than them, risks more than them to pay for every thing.
They want the government to be in control, which proves they are stupid!!!
The government can't do anything without layer after layer of fraud, waste, abuse & corruption.

The 2nd type is the POS loser/leech kind of liberal.
They think they are entitled to everything we have without working for it like we did!!!
The welfare whore, the able body loser/leech, the complete brain damaged imbeciles like we have here!!!
If a guy has a million dollars in his pocket, that's his money, not some POS loser sitting on his free couch,
talking on his free obama phone, eating his free food stamp lobster & shrimp, under his free roof.
That's for damn sure.
I don't deserve a nickle of it, and the POS loser sure and frick doesn't either!!!

·
T/S 368E
27,693 Posts
if waivers are not worth anything then why does every race track in America still use them?
show us a few examples if its been proven worth less time after time.

Darrell Russell

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Almost 600 entries at Ardmore over a week ago.I am still waiting on the mass casualties to be reported

1 - 20 of 31 Posts