Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 procharged mustang making 450 to the wheels. I have leaf springs with comp engineering slide alinks with 50/50 shocks mt drag radials 22 psi. Front has 1in lowering springs with 90/10 shocks. I want to keep leaf springs dont want ladder bar or 4link. Back in the day the old guys could get these cars to hook. Not sure on best pinion angle or if trick front springs would work better. I havnt brought it to the track yet just the street. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Your going to think I am stalking you. But my car is leaf spring as well. I actually used to have the slide-a-links from 2003-2009. In 2009 I swapped to cal-tracs. I honestly didn't notice that big of a difference. What did make a difference was going from a multi leaf spring to Calvert single split mono leaf and their single adjustable rear shock (which used to be the Rancho 9000 truck shock). Then in 2012 I got rid of my Moroso trick front springs and bought a set from Santuff which made another huge improvement. Calvert makes their own 90/10 front shocks which work very well for how cheap they are. I used them from 2009 until last year and now I have QA1 DA. I don't run drag radials. I use either Slicks or ET Streets. And even then I still don't hook on the street...at all. But I do have my 60 foots down to a 1.39 at the track.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts