Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The snake thread got me to thinking about this.

I dont know about anywhere else but I know here in my area, spiders are taking over! At my mother in laws they are everywhere, at my sister in laws they are everywhere, and I dont know if its b/c Pam and I just bought our house and moved in and it set up for 6 months with no activity or what, but I have killed at the very least 2 a day. Outside especially but even in our sunroom, bathrooms, kitchen, closets, etc.

And they are all different kinds. I dont know anything about spiders, except the only one I like is a dead one. I'll be honest, I hate snakes and spiders, I'm worse than a girl when it comes to them. I have spent $50 on pesticides and all kinds of spray and other stuff but nothing seems to be working.

Anybody got any ideas?

·
Registered
696 Posts
http://www.epestsupply.com/spiders.htm

Spiders get in windowsills and doorsills, so make sure the layers of windows are intact and sealed correctly. Doors are a good place to put a barrier treatment.

Vacuum the area where you have found spiders. Make sure you get their egg sacs as well. The egg sacs look a lot like little cocoons, but they're usually fixed to a surface with a thick layer of webbing.

Spiders hang out by food. Spiders are attracted to food supplies because of other pests who make their homes there. Besides, leaving food out is what slobs do. You're not a slob, are you?

Spiders love porch lights. They love porch lights because other bugs love porch lighting. So, keep your porch lights off as much as possible, draw your blinds, and try to find a way to light your porch that doesn't involve fixing a light to it.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://www.epestsupply.com/spiders.htm

Spiders get in windowsills and doorsills, so make sure the layers of windows are intact and sealed correctly. Doors are a good place to put a barrier treatment.

Vacuum the area where you have found spiders. Make sure you get their egg sacs as well. The egg sacs look a lot like little cocoons, but they're usually fixed to a surface with a thick layer of webbing.

Spiders hang out by food. Spiders are attracted to food supplies because of other pests who make their homes there. Besides, leaving food out is what slobs do. You're not a slob, are you?

Spiders love porch lights. They love porch lights because other bugs love porch lighting. So, keep your porch lights off as much as possible, draw your blinds, and try to find a way to light your porch that doesn't involve fixing a light to it.
No, no slob. Hell we just bought groceries Sunday so thats the first time foods been in there in over 6 months. The little bastards are just everywhere and I hate them. I'm probably overreacting and making it sound worse than it really is but its like everywhere I go I find one.

I have left alot of the ones outside alone, its the one's on the inside that I keep getting after.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I dont like roaches.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Spiders are great. They eat all the other damn bugs.

Anyway, my buddy had a spider problem, and he had to bomb his house..
Damn....that must have been a nasty spider problem! Did he use laser guided precision or just carpet bomb it??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.