Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in the process of buying a house and have been told i need to look into getting a break on my taxes for agriculture. i will have 5.6 acres and what i read is 5 acres are needed for the wooded agriculture break 10 acres if open land. does anybody have any insight on this?

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Here to get a break you have to show that your endevours brought in a minimum of $8000, whether cash crops or livestock.
You got that much land, put in some plants and I don't mean tow-maters, lol.

Dave...

im in the process of buying a house and have been told i need to look into getting a break on my taxes for agriculture. i will have 5.6 acres and what i read is 5 acres are needed for the wooded agriculture break 10 acres if open land. does anybody have any insight on this?

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
I know Bon Jovi and Bruce Springstein Cheat the system by having some Bee Hive things on they're peroperty in New Jersey .

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it does have some long leaf pines on it now. which i could sell the needles to landscaping businesses for flower beds and around trees. anybody else got any thoughts
?

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
ask randy;)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it has the long needle pines and then some hardwood in the back. in the front and side has approx 30 trees, oaks fruit trees, etc
im in the process of buying the owner never looked into but was told by his neighbor it would be a good idea to, as he does it now and drop. i will eventually talk with these neighbor but at the moment i havent.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah i was gonna talk with rentz about it also. or atleast he may can send me to his tax guy

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I can tell you that in my area they absolutely check to make certain that you are an "Agricultural Producer"-the Taxes have gotten so high that many Land Owners will actually pay someone to Bale their Hay, then they are stupid enough to let them have it too! Even then a few have lost their exemption-

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that wouldnt be a problem. but i did try to get one for my dually but they said i had to have a p tag.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
In NC for pine trees you have to keep 20 acres and have a forestry plan. Cuts my tax bill about 40%. I have about 25 acres in trees. Should be ready to thin out in a couple of years. Last time we clear cut we made about 40k.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts