Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can use any help on geting my 94 camaro to hook off the trans brake front susp is all stock i have umi Tunnel Brace Mounted Torque Arm, Double Adjustable Control Arms solid bushing,Double Adjustable Panhard Bar solid bushing,Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets stock spring all around

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
What hole you have the LCA in ?? what tire you have on the rear and what gear, one thing i would look at is a set of shocks strange is good for the money.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its on the bottom hole tire is a 295 60 16 m/t drag rad i spin the tire with a 6psi (boost)3300 rpm chip on the trans brake and i have the tq arm -2

·
Registered
162 Posts
its on the bottom hole tire is a 295 60 16 m/t drag rad i spin the tire with a 6psi (boost)3300 rpm chip on the trans brake and i have the tq arm -2
Bottom Hole isnt always the best position. it depends on ride height. the LCA's should be pointing slightly up hill.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
o ok yea right now it sites pertty high at the rear with the stock springs and 28 tall tire

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
did you take out the isolaters on top of the springs ?? that arm is shorter than what i like but is longer than some.. What kind of power you making? also thats alot of gear what rpm will it go on the brake with no chip?? also car weight

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,586 Posts
you want the bottom lc's to be at like a 4 or 5 degree angle if i remember right..do a search in here and you will get alot of info..search for 4thgen,4th gen,camaro,fbody,f-body,f body,torque arm,tq arm an such..i been meaning to do all theses searchs and compile them all into 1 page so some one can make it a sticky like the mustang one above.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have not took the isolaters wuts the best way to take them out not sure on the hp. and am not sure how high it will go but i have had it up to 4500 rpm and it is 3750 with me in it best 60ft of the trans brake 3000rpm 4psi spining a lil 1.65 and yea i just looked it up there 50s

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
jack the car up let the rear hang and they will be on top of the spring . it will let the back down a 1/2 or so. I would check the angle of the rear i have had many of these cars built the first one in 94 and had 10 or more torque arms . I have found pinion angle effects shorter torque arms more than longer ones. I would not go anything less than -2 i have mine at -1 to 0 with the 295s and -1 and bottom hole i have went 1.27 on the back tire. what is the tire pressure.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok i took out the isolaters cam down a lil i set the lca one hole up its a 4* set the trq arm to -1 but didit have time to test it thx every one

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
just to add my 2 cents with the shorter arms seem like they like the bottom hole the best but hard to keep it off the bumper with very much power

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok i tryed it out today and i set the tq arm to -1 and put the lca up one hole and it spins realy bad so i put the lca on the bottom hole and it seemed to hook a lil better but still sping a lil and thats at 3300 rpm 5 psi i have the lca at stock length should i make them longer or shorter thx

·
Registered
502 Posts
What hole you have the LCA in ?? what tire you have on the rear and what gear, one thing i would look at is a set of shocks strange is good for the money.
fronts need fast extension (no sway bar) and rears as tight as you can get`em until it spins again, rear control arms uphill from the rear end- 3* on the pinion and some sort of anti roll on the rear, no reason it wont go 1.3-1.4. Talk to mike too, tell him whats going on if nothing works, converters is his realm.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i just put a set afco double ajuble rear shocks from all the way (-)12 on the bottom and from all the way (-)20 on top and it was still sping so i backed the top form 20 down 2 clicks at a time and it strated to get better but its still spining lighty but i haveit moved the bottom should i go up or down on the bottom

·
Registered
49,436 Posts
What rear arms do you have ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts