Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of upgrading my 4 link bars. I went with 3/4 shank 1/2 hole heims. I am replacing 1/2" shank and going bigger on the tubing. So my bracket on the chassis side is about .550 and the new heim is .750. So what can i do? I couldnt imagine grinding on the heim to get it? Is that "ok"? Or try bending the bracket? If i were to cut the bracket out of the chassis and replace it that would be major work. (tin,seat,supposed to recertify they count as my uprights for 25.1)
So whats an accepted way to correct this?

·
fabricator
1,172 Posts
Ahh, I follow you. You are talking about the distance between the brackets, because of the larger shank?

Unfortunately, if that's what you are talking about, I don't have afix for you. It sounds like you are going to have to do some major work there. Sorry

·
Registered
893 Posts
Look into possibly building a set up like the "GMM" stuff. Basicly machine sturdy brakets to bolt on your exsiting 4-link brakets with three of the 4-link bracket bolts going thru to hold them in place and have them extend back far enough to be machined to the width you would need? This will make your 4-link bars shorter but it's about the easiest option i can think of doing.

Maybe i am crazy but i think it would be a nice option and not look all jacked up!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ma when ke a call Jerry Haas racecars. They sell a narrow bodied heim like you are looking for. I found out that changing heims on my Haas car.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
I wouldnt do anything other than replacing your brackets. I know it would be alot of work, but its the only way to do it correctly. Either that...or go back to the same type of heims that you previously had.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts