Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just assembled my 12 bolt tonight. moser 12 bolt housing. 35 spline axels. moser spool. richmond street gears. all new timken bearings.

how should I do break in? I've heard let it run for 15mins in gear on jackstands and let it cool. then take a short drive at normal speeds and let it cool again. then its ready for the track.

what works best for you guys?

·
F.T.W. KILL EM ALL
10,841 Posts
Everytime we did the 9" or 12Bolt we always ran it for awhile on the stands then went through the gears....Then took it for a short ride & basically we were Track Bound Dude! Sounds like your good to go :cool:

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
forget the jackstand, drive it about 5miles, let it completely cool down. drove it another 50-100 miles (light driving no launches or hard acceleration) change fluid and let it rip.

If its a race only vehicle just go to the track, the above is for a street/ strip car.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
forget the jackstand, drive it about 5miles, let it completely cool down. drove it another 50-100 miles (light driving no launches or hard acceleration) change fluid and let it rip.

If its a race only vehicle just go to the track, the above is for a street/ strip car.

Exactly drive it a little, no leaves off the TC or side step the clutch, just a good ride i like 5 to 10 miles also.
If a track car i tell my customers, 1st pass gradually go faster, and leave off idle, 2nd pass leave off idle and go for a good number...
Then let me try it, or do what you do....

Heat on the stands or lift is more like 45 mins, there is no load on the gears and it takes a bit of time in the air..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts