Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a 93 camaro with stock bumper and fenders. tube front end. The fenders are bolted to the bumper so it can be removed in one piece. If it were a fiberglass bumper I know you just glass over these plates sandwiching them between the bumper and the glass patch. but this is a rubbery plastic on this stock bumper and I'm not sure fiberglass sticks to it. I heard of people using some sort of panel bond but if that stuff gets hot like a 2 part epoxy does it could bubble the paint I'm thinking. the front end is painted nice. Any ideas on the best way to go about this? Here's a photo of someone else's front end but its exactly what we are trying to do.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Personally I would design the support system around the flanges & mounting areas that is there on the original parts (unlike the one in the photo that is using plates out in the middle of the parts). That right angle seam where the Bumper mounts to the Fenders "is the whole world", get a light angle bracket made to stack on the underside of that using the same bolts to weld you tube on. Same with the upper & lower...the bolt holes/push-in clip mount areas are already designed into it, use them to your advantage. Make a light weight bracket to go between the Headlamps to support the top of the Bumper ect. Just my thoughts, Lorne

1 - 2 of 2 Posts