Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned...Four Times
40,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember bitching about gas costing 87 cents a gallon, Copenhagen costing 97 cents a can. I was happy today when I could pay 24 dollars for five cans of Copenhagen and I only had to pay $3.86 for diesel. Disregarding the increase in wages what other things have stood out as costing a lot more than they used to. (I am sure relative to the average wage the price to cost index is still pretty close.)

·
Registered
11,162 Posts
I remember bitching about gas costing 87 cents a gallon, Copenhagen costing 97 cents a can. I was happy today when I could pay 24 dollars for five cans of Copenhagen and I only had to pay $3.86 for diesel. Disregarding the increase in wages what other things have stood out as costing a lot more than they used to. (I am sure relative to the average wage the price to cost index is still pretty close.)
Groceries and electricity have gotten incredibly expensive over the last ten years...and mostly in the last five.

·
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
12,739 Posts
Well, if it makes you feel any better, all the fun, cool gadgets cost less, work better, and have way more features. Remember when a flip phone cost $200? I remember buyin a pager for $100. Home computers five years ago had less computing power than the average cheap smart phone now. So, that's something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.