Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you guys are gathering stuff where do you start for spare parts?

I have a car that nearly everything had to be made for and nothing is normal parts store or race shop parts.

What do you take to make you feel like you've got it covered?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
What is the combo that is so weird?

we have found parts for about everything that has broke on DW before lol even got a alternator off a car in a bar in Indiana haha, pistons, hemi parts, trans rebuild kits, lockers, welders, ect.

·
Let's have one.
3,176 Posts
When you guys are gathering stuff where do you start for spare parts?

I have a car that nearly everything had to be made for and nothing is normal parts store or race shop parts.

What do you take to make you feel like you've got it covered?
You're on drag week......there's tons of people/shops along the way. I'm sure Eddie will smell this thread and chime in soon.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
dont worry Huber will have all the parts u will need lmao he is always breakin shit

and the doug nash is usually easy on parts, maybe a clutch disc and a tb, a couple u joints, and a amex card to overnight parts haha

·
Car ramrod
10,130 Posts
well its a turbo 2.3 Mustang with a Doug Nash 5 spd. Just typing that makes me think I'm phucked as it gets. lol
john huber has done drag week in his turbo 4. You'd be suprised what you can find. I am taking my Daily Driver to drag week. Packing a diff, some gaskets, oil, and some other questionable parts.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
barn.

walt reynolds 68 camaro was having issues and we needed a alt, the cop who stopped to help us said his dad had some old 60s stuff in the barn lol so we got in the cop car and headed to this small ass house and a barn out back, had to take the bed and couch off the car but it had the right regulator/alt we needed.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
I bring lots of little stuff.
Head and intake gaskets. injectors, Springs, Lifters, couple rocker arms, pr, keepers and retailers O2 sensor, map, selection of nuts bolts and washers, any tool you need to take the car appart, extra rod end for the suspension, wheel bearing set and seal with hardware, trans seal, pump gasket, diff seal, oil filter, some oil and trans fluid, gal of water, gas can, tire plug kit, lug nuts, 20' of wire, various connectors, 3-4 diff kinds of tapes, zip ties of all sizes, battery charger, fuses, dvom, hoses, belts, spark plugs and wires, brake pads, brake fluid, timing light if you need one, loctite.

I package things in 12-12 boxes with what is in them wrote on the outside.
daily use items go in the tool box. I bought a set of alum jack stands and alum jack. electric impact is great also

If using a trailer get a plastic tool box I blew the drawers out of my metal one in 07 by the end of the week from bouncing.

trailer Spare tire and bearing set for that also.

Alot of stuff you can return once you get home if you don't needed it.

I didn't use 99% of what I took. LOL

Tim

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I bring a couple belts, tensioner, plugs (3 boxes), tools, fuel fitlers, 40amp relays, wire, elec tape, misc connectors, fuses, clutch disc, fluids, and my pink bunny suit

·
Registered
764 Posts
Good thread as i hope this year will be my first dragweek and i am also wondering this too.:p

·
pist'n Broke
20,939 Posts
barn.

walt reynolds 68 camaro was having issues and we needed a alt, the cop who stopped to help us said his dad had some old 60s stuff in the barn lol so we got in the cop car and headed to this small ass house and a barn out back, had to take the bed and couch off the car but it had the right regulator/alt we needed.
ok, for a second i thought u got sticky fingers...

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
The BEST Drag Week I had was the one that I didn't bring shit!!! Ever since I been bring parts, it ain't been so good..

My suggestion is, bring the car, and some clothes, that's it! :rolleyes:

We towed a trailer for the first time last year, not a bad idea, as we didn't have to unload a thing out of the car, which was nice, but this year we may close in the little trailer and organize things a little better. The biggest thing we drug with us this year was a very large cooler full of beer!! :drinkers::drinkers: :smt081

I KNOW that even if we run on ET Streets the whole event, we WILL be bringing some "street" tires to change over to in the case of rain, I don't want to be the first person to totally destroy my car and/ or killing myself trying to drive in the rain on tires we should never be on. After this year driving in a down pore on ET Streets, I realized this is total insanity, and I won't be doing this again!! I got lucky in 06, we hydroplaned on the highway and could not of gotten any closer to wrecking! I understand why Hoosier wanted nothing to do with me running their tire on the street..

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've been good about eliminating anything that would require special tools plus I made an itemized list as I've put the car together of each tool needed to build the car from scratch. I'm about down to a metric wrench set and complete set of 3/8 sockets.

My car is a notch with a 10 pnt so I dont have room for hardly anything inside. I'll need to figure out a trailer of some type as well. Does anybody use anything other than little trailers? I'd only be hauling some wheels and bulky stuff. Has anybody used a slide in hitch rack of any kind? My car is super light in the nose so that could turn into a problem too. lol

1 - 20 of 37 Posts