Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
WHO DAT???
15,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very cool and informative forty three minute video. All this and now we just passed it all along to China who's definitely going to use this to do us harm!!! All for cheap fucking goods!!!

·
Registered
19,929 Posts
Without watching the video I'm guessing being 4000 miles from the nearest enemy and already having a massive industrial sector in place had something to do with it.
How about a work ethic and people who understood it, I'm just trying to figure out exactly what Canada did during that time. Also I'm guessing you never learned history about the WW2 because if you did you would have learned that German boats and submarines were regularly spotted off the coast and same with Japanese off the coast. But hey don't you worry we protected you.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
How about a work ethic and people who understood it, I'm just trying to figure out exactly what Canada did during that time. Also I'm guessing you never learned history about the WW2 because if you did you would have learned that German boats and submarines were regularly spotted off the coast and same with Japanese off the coast. But hey don't you worry we protected you.
Calm down I already stated the US had a massive preexisting industrial sector.

I'm sure work ethic was a factor, but not being carpet bombed during your shift probably made more of an impact on total output. This isn't wild opinion, everything of the utmost importance to the war effort was moved to North America immediately. Allied leadership, European royal families, the combined wealth of both and gold reserves, half the physicists of the Manhattan Project, 1/4 of the scientists of the Norden Bombsite, part of the Royal Navy etc. etc.

Canada was already overseas fighting Nazis, 2 full years before congress would support FDR's plan to end isolationist neutrality. Fun fact, in September 1939, Canada intentionally waited a full week until the 10th of September to declare war on Germany. From the 3rd to the 10th Roosevelt and other future minded warhawks literally flooded war materials across the border into Ontario to avoid lend lease. Entire US army units secretly dumped their equipment into Canada at night for 7 days until it would become internationally illegal for the US to take a side. If FDR couldn't get America to declare war, he'd supply those who would. Our nations are symbiotic.

Not sure what history you've been reading but Halifax was the only harbor that was ever under attack by German Uboats, and that was prior to US war involvement and no Japanese submarine was ever a threat to the continental United States, although that didn't stop panic about it. See Battle of Los Angeles.

·
Smuck
9,902 Posts
Very cool and informative forty three minute video. All this and now we just passed it all along to China who's definitely going to use this to do us harm!!! All for cheap fucking goods!!!

It was more than cheap shit from china, U.S. companies under pressure to increase profits by stock holders needs to share some of the blame.

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Canada was one of the first to join in fighting the Natzis,,for 6 years. thats what we were doing while the Democrats in the USA were showing sympathy towards Hitlers eugenics. look at old new york times articles and you'll see where the left stood on joining their allies....it was a big no way

Canada only had 11 million population back then , we had 10% of that inlisted. we lost more per capita than any other country. Canada represented over 10% of the forces that invaded Normandy on D Day june 1944 which was the turning point and the beginning of the end. we liberated the Netherlands, parts of Italy, Belgium, and some other countries that were more populated than us. Canada supplied over 800,000 military vehicles for the war effort.

By early 1944 Canadas air force was ranked fourth in the world, only behind the USA, The Soviets and the British . Our navy was ranked third largest, only behind the USA and the British.

Canada joined the war 9 days after the war started..so other than all that, we sat around picking our noses waiting for the U.S. to come join the party

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Great video! right at the very start he is sitting in a Lancaster Bomber...very few people know that 430 Lancaster Bombers were built in Ontario Canada by Victory Aircraft in Malton. the only still flying Lancaster in the world is at the Canadaian warplane heritage museum only a short drive from where i live. i see it regularly flying around,,you can actually pay to go for a ride in it for only $3600.00!

·
Registered
5,985 Posts
Calm down I already stated the US had a massive preexisting industrial sector.

I'm sure work ethic was a factor, but not being carpet bombed during your shift probably made more of an impact on total output. This isn't wild opinion, everything of the utmost importance to the war effort was moved to North America immediately. Allied leadership, European royal families, the combined wealth of both and gold reserves, half the physicists of the Manhattan Project, 1/4 of the scientists of the Norden Bombsite, part of the Royal Navy etc. etc.

Canada was already overseas fighting Nazis, 2 full years before congress would support FDR's plan to end isolationist neutrality. Fun fact, in September 1939, Canada intentionally waited a full week until the 10th of September to declare war on Germany. From the 3rd to the 10th Roosevelt and other future minded warhawks literally flooded war materials across the border into Ontario to avoid lend lease. Entire US army units secretly dumped their equipment into Canada at night for 7 days until it would become internationally illegal for the US to take a side. If FDR couldn't get America to declare war, he'd supply those who would. Our nations are symbiotic.

Not sure what history you've been reading but Halifax was the only harbor that was ever under attack by German Uboats, and that was prior to US war involvement and no Japanese submarine was ever a threat to the continental United States, although that didn't stop panic about it. See Battle of Los Angeles.
Most people don’t know this but the Japs did attack the mainland.

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Does anyone think the lefties today would come to their senses if they watched this?

its so eerily similar to whats going on today , the left even calls it the exact same thing,, the green new deal. when we know that back then the lefts new deal came close to destroying the country and had to be squashed to make way for a real war effort.

China and other tyrants flexxing their muscle as we in the west dont take it seriously while we screw around with climate change and the green new deal...its gonna get us all killed

·
Registered
7,467 Posts

You are correct, that is true in a technical sense. They also fucked around in the bearing strait for a time with no effect. But as far as 'attacks' go, not exactly blowing your skirts up.

·
Registered
9,443 Posts

Yep, and on the west coast German U boats and subs were sinking ships and killing us on our own shores in the lower saint lawrence river...during the battle of the st lawrence the Germans sank 23 ships . Germans were in those waters for almost two years .Germans U boats were dropping off German spies right on our shores

We had 340 casualties and also captured German spies

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
China's has America by the balls, one nut is climate control and the other is PC woke BS! They used our own system and good will to neuter the US

Only one way to stop the massive corruption and sell out of America

·
Aviation Section
26,904 Posts
I learned a lot of Pittsburgh history when I lived there, here is one fact, during WWII just that one city of Pittsburgh produced more steel then all of the Axis powers combined! And we had more then just Pittsburgh (Birmingham for one) producing steel! There is no way our enemy back them could overcome us and our work ethic! Mill Hunkies FTW!

Dave

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Anyone who loves WWll history needs to listen to Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History podcast. His current series covers the Pacific war and is very in depth. Each episode is 3-5 hours long, and there’s 6 episodes.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Canada was one of the first to join in fighting the Natzis,,for 6 years. thats what we were doing while the Democrats in the USA were showing sympathy towards Hitlers eugenics. look at old new york times articles and you'll see where the left stood on joining their allies....it was a big no way
A lot of people forget that from Sept. 1939 to June 1941 the USSR was an ally of Germany. The American left supported the Nazis because the Soviets told them to. "The Venona Secrets, The Haunted Wood, and Dupes".

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
WWII created so much advancement in technology, that it pails today's advancements.

Chemists actually won the war. Not going to read it for you, but aviation fuel being one of them. Switching from conventional bombing to incenderating bombs seriously brought the end much quicker. I am really amazed show "smart" people do NOT know any details about how we won the war.

Go spend an few afternoons with a WWII veteran in a VA hospital and listen LISTEN to their stories!
I NEED TO DO THE SAME.........NOW.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Proximity fuses were a big factor in our success. look it up it’s an interesting read.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts