Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new set of rims and wish to mount up some drag radials. How do you suggest I do so? I use soap and water on the beads with regular street tires.. Should I do the same with these, or install them dry? Just curious.. Will be racing car and rims have no screws or beedlocks.. Thanks!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I consider myself a trained professional, I change tires all day long for an automotive shop.. But what I was asking, would I use the same tire lubricant on the bead of the drag radial as I would on a regular michelin or firestone? I've heard from people that if I did, the tire would spin on the rim easily.. And I've always mounted up slicks dry with screws.. No screws on these radials though. Jus wondering, thanks

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Permitec spray adhesive ..or dry you won't spin the rim on a radails 18lbs and up tire pressure ..I run 1.35 60s with a 3300lbs nova and never turn a bit

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
LOL! That's what I was thinking. Hell we even get some movement on Evans car and we Hi-Tack the shit out of them! and 18lbs. of air!

·
Registered
32 Posts
you can just sponge on some water, that shouldn;t hurt for mounting the tire.as far as the bead clamping there are several ways as already mentioned. pic your own , check'em as you go with shoe polish, mark the valve stem. i think you can figure it out.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
LOL! That's what I was thinking. Hell we even get some movement on Evans car and we Hi-Tack the shit out of them! and 18lbs. of air!
Well I was just going by what he posted ..That he isn't going to screw or run bead locks so I assume he's not going to be .1.30 or 20s 60 foot ..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts