Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I know when I'm launching as well as I can expect?

I've got a 2700 lb car making about 800 HP with ladder bar rear and non-adjustable coilovers.

My best 60' this summer is 1.243 seconds.
Best 1/8th this summer is 5.576 seconds. Best 1/8th mph is 119.90 mph.

Is 1.243 good? average? Or bad for this combo?

Just wondering if I've peaked, or if fine tuning should or could yield much more.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Actually that's very close to optimum for your et and mph.....optimum would be closer to 1.23 according to the calculator so your very close...:partyman:

Rick

·
Registered
259 Posts
id say you are right there..... you could spend the next year or so tryin to find a thousanth or two, but according to your info, you are very very close to optimum......... leave her where shes at.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
id say you are right there..... you could spend the next year or so tryin to find a thousanth or two, but according to your info, you are very very close to optimum......... leave her where shes at.
Thanks all.
I'll leave the chassis alone. Just didn't want to give up 3 hundredths if it should be there. But I'm pretty happy turning sub 1.25 60' times.

If nothing else, it's a helluva g-force feeling.

:)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I would KILL for a 1.24 60'. I've been 4.82 with a 1.30 60'

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would KILL for a 1.24 60'. I've been 4.82 with a 1.30 60'
Well......
I'd kill for a 4.82! LMAO.
I'm guessing from your sig pic, that you're a big HP turbo with some lag on the 60' and a whole lotta catchin' up once the boost is all-in. Ever run the 1/4?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Well......
I'd kill for a 4.82! LMAO.
I'm guessing from your sig pic, that you're a big HP turbo with some lag on the 60' and a whole lotta catchin' up once the boost is all-in. Ever run the 1/4?

nah, never run this combo 1/4. It's not really "lag", it's more tuning for the tire kinda stuff... Int the blue car, It would either 60' really good and kill the tires at 80-100' or soft out the gate and ripp'n out back. Kinda hopeing that the new, better suited chassis will put the two together. Old blue was working overtime...lol best pass was a 1.30-60', 3.30-330', 4.82 @ 163 1/8.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Thanks for that Calculator

Our Bracket car has a 60ft. that are quicker than the optimum. Calculator says we should have a 1.45-46. We have consistent 60ft's times in the 1.40-41 in the heat. Not bad for a car over 3100lbs with a little under 600HP.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nah, never run this combo 1/4. It's not really "lag", it's more tuning for the tire kinda stuff... Int the blue car, It would either 60' really good and kill the tires at 80-100' or soft out the gate and ripp'n out back. Kinda hopeing that the new, better suited chassis will put the two together. Old blue was working overtime...lol best pass was a 1.30-60', 3.30-330', 4.82 @ 163 1/8.
Wow. Nice ride. At least I could take you in a 70' race. :(

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
lol.. You have NOTHING to be :-( about! Trust me when I say that hauling azz is an excellent rush and way to boost ego. BUT, drag racing was much more FUN when I was running mid 5's. I didn't have to work on it every night, didn't have to buy 2 set of tires just to go TEST, didn't have to rely on others to help with the car, didn't have to spend 3 hours loading a 50' trailer to go to the track, HELL, most of the time I didn't even take the car off the open hauler!!! lol... boy o boy, remember when......

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol.. You have NOTHING to be :-( about! Trust me when I say that hauling azz is an excellent rush and way to boost ego. BUT, drag racing was much more FUN when I was running mid 5's. I didn't have to work on it every night, didn't have to buy 2 set of tires just to go TEST, didn't have to rely on others to help with the car, didn't have to spend 3 hours loading a 50' trailer to go to the track, HELL, most of the time I didn't even take the car off the open hauler!!! lol... boy o boy, remember when......
I hear you. My daily driver started out as a high 12.9 - 13.1 second car, stock. Then I started modifying. Eventually getting it to 735 HP on N2O and running high 10's. Problem was, to get high 10's in a 4200 pound sedan required tons of time and effort to convert from street form to track form (change to drag radials, spacers and skinnies on the front, fuel issues, nitrous issues, remove seats, adjust suspension, etc, etc. Took hours before and after each race.)

Now, I pull the trailer out of storage. Drive it 100 yards to the drag strip, winch the car out, fuel it up, run mid to high 5's or low 9's. Winch it back in and go home.

No hassles. Could repeat the runs all day long. Just a fun car to drive.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
60ft times are really a poor indicator of how well a car works..

Mainly because it will vary as to how you have your car set up.

If you have a car set up to run Super Classes 8.90, 9.90, 10.90 and are running a 4 tenths tree many of those cars will have slow 60 ft times be cause they bring the front tires straight out of the lights.

If you have tall front tires and or lots of front end travel to where the car will keep the tires in the lights until the back edge of the front tire leaves the lights you will have a much quicker 60ft time..

Both of these cars could run very similar ET and MPH and the 60 could vary any where from a 1.20 to a 1.32 and both cars would be working very well, 60's are a good thing to use when working out your own combination, If your car is running the ET's you think it should it be, dont worry about what other people 60 unless their car is the same type of car as yours and they are running at your the same track you run.

If you do start working on lowering 60ft look to the change in 330ft times to see if you are just changing the way the car leaves the lights.. If you pick up 2 in 60 and are really making the car quicker it will lose more than just 2 in the 330..

If you are a bracket or super racer, watch to make sure what you are doing does not make your reaction inconsistent..

A car that does not pull the tires straight up out of the lights or drive the tire all the way through the lights will be far more inconsistent in RT

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^^^ all excellent points.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts