Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
i was 4-5 years old when i learned. they sat me on the bike, said they were going to push me and i had to peddle or i would fall...

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
its funny that this topic came up, we were just talking about that at home. my kid is 4 and we live on a dirt rd with a dirt driveway, she has no where to practice. we thought that she was a little behind so the wife has been taking her to the park to ride her bike. i guess were not too far off but i think i was riding just before i turned 5.

·
Registered
12,031 Posts
4 I think.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Good post and a great question as I have a 4 year old son and trying to work with him with his bike. I kinda like him to get it done this summer but i'm patient.

For Christmas though he's gonna get either the Yamaha or Honda 50 dirt bike with training wheels seeing that he would have turned 5 by then.

I will not take him out daily to ride it though.

That will give him ample time to spend on the pedal bike everyday, to get it mastered and won't spoil him where he don't want to ride his pedal bike.

At least that's the plan. lol

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
The problem with this whole thread is you are assuming I can remember that long ago.

g
Actually yesterday I was thinking about how old I was when I first learned to ride a bike without training wheels. Was it 5, 6 or 7, hell I don't remember. lol

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was 3, both daughters were 3, working on the boy-15m, he is having a hard time, his feet don't touch. My oldest girl didn't ride our pw50 until the younger one did, 2 months before her 4th birthday. I didn't push them just made the bike available and when they get around other kids, presto their ready to go. Good Luck!

·
On the roller...
15,880 Posts
I was 3 when I first did it on a cousin's bike, but I wasn't real great at it until about 4 when I could do it without problems. At five my parents had me trying stupid things like "no hands."

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
So we're on track then. Cool. It's very trying. That is I'm trying not to throw her bike in the woods. My old man says I jumped on my bike and took off like it was nothing. I just fucked at everything else in life! Nice guy eh?
Yep patience and encouragement is a great motivator even when I might get frustrated, I try my best to not let it show and keep telling them they're doing a good job.

Just last summer my son was terrified for some reason of his bike. Now he's trying to do tricks like ride without hands, trying to pop wheelies, he learned how to work the hand brake for the back wheel to make it skid and to stand up and ride.

That may sound typical but watching your kid learn and grow amazes me.

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
The problem with this whole thread is you are assuming I can remember that long ago.

g
Big ole' X2 on that.

All I remember is my dad (could have been my mom..again, can't remember) sitting me on it and pushing me down the driveway..I coasted, then hit the peddles and tore down the street.

·
PowdercoatBill
9,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yep patience and encouragement is a great motivator even when I might get frustrated, I try my best to not let it show and keep telling them they're doing a good job.

Just last summer my son was terrified for some reason of his bike. Now he's trying to do tricks like ride without hands, trying to pop wheelies, he learned how to work the hand brake for the back wheel to make it skid and to stand up and ride.

That may sound typical but watching your kid learn and grow amazes me.
PATIENCE!? I'll tell ya patience, Hanna Montna's on the big screen right now! How's that for patience!?? LOL!
She'll get it in time I know.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts