Yellow Bullet Forums banner
101 - 120 of 140 Posts
I'm 55. Helped my brother in-law as a kid in the 70s. Started in 81 then got burned out and quit cold turkey july 4 weekend 2001. Didn't go the the drag strip again till 2008, ran a few times that year. Started back 2009, and ran the car three days last week.

Im 29 and made my first pass down the track at 16. With my job having a manditory 6-7 day work week I rarely get to go racing anymore

37, my mom was 7 months pregnant with me when they incorrectly announced that my dad had rolled the car and it was on fire. She scaled a 6' chain-link fence and ran the length of the track to the shut-down area.

Still ain't got smart enough to drop this hobby...

Im 74, havent run much in the past few years, one of those dreaded T & T's, lol. I still build all my own stuff, although takes longer than when I was working, cant figure that out. Prob started racing in the 60's, ran stock and super stock, modified prod. Had a front engine dragster, worst thing I ever drove, lol.

60 yrs old, grew in a small Texas town where street racing was pretty competitive. First pass on an actual drag strip was 16. Transitioned to drag bikes in college because it was a cheaper way to go fast. Went back to doorslammers in Outlaw 10.5, now running a stick SBC 67 Camaro.

I just turned 55. Racing motocross since I was 16 (and I still race motocross), drag racing - both bikes and cars - since I was 20 (and I still drag race), and motorcycle roadracing since I was 23 (and I still roadrace motorcycles)...

I am 37. I have been around racing from before I was born. It was something I’ve never been able to get away from. I can’t think of a day that I didn’t look something up going back to national dragsters throughout my childhood. It’s kept me out of trouble. But got me into trouble as well. (Two divorces) Too much time in garage 😀 worth it.
Cool Cap
Cool Cap
Cool Cap
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Racing Compact car

73 Years old, been racing since I was 21 with a purchased NEW 68 Chevelle SS L-78 car,(stupid me, sold it), bought a 69 Camaro SS (L-78) car, Stupid me, sold it too! Then bought a B-Gas 68 Camaro in 1974 which I "still" have today running ET brackets (9.30 quarter mile) car. Stupid me,,, Kept the wrong one! First two were less than 20,000 miles on them when purchased. Hope to race again someday with my 1968 Camaro(523ci, 850 hp naturally aspirated Camaro ,,, ""IF"" the world straightens up and health holds up!!! Best of LUCK to YOU ALL in the future!!! TML,,,,,,,,,,,

Reactions: Racer997
55, I've been tinkering with cars ever since I was old enough to walk upright, my dad used to take me to his work ( VW shop ) when I was a kid, my first car was a 68 VW beetle, by twenty I had built a 69 VW beetle that was pretty quick, a year later I entered an all VW race at Memphis Motorsports park and won first place in my class, they got me hook, line, and sinker.

Old enough!!

Did 1/4 mile asphalt roundy round in the 60-70's as a helper on my Uncles late model.
He was fat, I was skinny, so I would crawl around and hold stuff or do adjustments if we were going to a different track.
Enlisted in 1980, and started dragracing ~1982 at Atmore Alabama in the worlds slowest Camaro.
307" with 273 open rear end. So slow it couldn't do a burnout on the street :(

Took a few years off when shipped to Asia, then came back & got married, had a kid, started a business.
Been all in since the late 1980's at the Grove & Osceola with a different Camaro & now an old P/S that was converted to A/PM, that I modified to T/S.

is that the old Mitch Stott car in your pic?

101 - 120 of 140 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.