Yellow Bullet Forums banner
81 - 100 of 140 Posts
I will be 62 in November. My first pass down a dragstrip was at 16. Bought my Camaro when I was 17. Raced it in C/SM in the modified eliminator at 18. About 1981 I converted the car to a super stock car and have been racing it that way ever since. Hopefully I can keep racing for another 15 years or so. Raced it with a stick shift trans for quite a few years. Also held the 1/4 mile national record twice in SS/J.

I’m 51 and first time was the late 90’s. Got My 92 Mustang in 94 and didn’t get to the strip for the first few years. Had My first kid 2003 and the trips to the drag strip became fewWe and fewer until the housing crash around 2008 & we had our second child and the car was parked mainly for stability for the family finances & fast forward to today and I have been ordering a few parts and if the drag strips open up this year I hope to get back out there!

32 born and raised at the dragstrip. Graduated, went to school, went in the national guard, raced on and off mostly off. Got married, two kids, got divorced sold that car, now things are alot better all the way around. This cars here to stay and do as much racing as I can.

I'm 42 have been around drag racing all my life. I made my first pass in 1999 at 21 years old at State Capitol here in Baton Rouge. Have been away from the track for a few years now, but getting time to change that.

I am 65 and have been racing since I was 16.
At 18 my buddy and I had a 63 Falcon with a straight axle and a 426 stage III wedge with a Paxton blower. At 22 I ran a big block Demon on the street and track it would run 10.80s with slicks which was moving for a street car back then. Also ran a KZ900 kawi on the street and track. Lots of other stuff then took a break till I got a midlife crisis at 50 and got the Monte in my avi.....Had a ball racing 10.5 with it back in the early 2000s every Friday night at 75&80 and managed to win a few 2k checks in the process and finish ahead of Chuck Ulsch in points one year (never beat him in a race though lol)

81 - 100 of 140 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.