Yellow Bullet Forums banner

How Old Are You? How Long Have You Been Racing?

11K views 139 replies 113 participants last post by  30373 
#1 ·
I'm doing a little research into our world here. I'm noticing a trend towards older racers at our events. So tell me - how old are you and how long have you been racing?

#9 ·
This is pretty representative of what we've been seeing - and we're not exactly spring chickens ourselves. It seems like back in the 90's there were a lot more 20-30 years olds. Anybody else?

#10 ·

Old enough!!

Did 1/4 mile asphalt roundy round in the 60-70's as a helper on my Uncles late model.
He was fat, I was skinny, so I would crawl around and hold stuff or do adjustments if we were going to a different track.
Enlisted in 1980, and started dragracing ~1982 at Atmore Alabama in the worlds slowest Camaro.
307" with 273 open rear end. So slow it couldn't do a burnout on the street :(

Took a few years off when shipped to Asia, then came back & got married, had a kid, started a business.
Been all in since the late 1980's at the Grove & Osceola with a different Camaro & now an old P/S that was converted to A/PM, that I modified to T/S.

#14 ·
24 years old right now. Been racing off and on half of my life but been out of racing since 2012 from dirt late models. Bought this Nova 2 years ago as bare roller, put it together mostly myself and but definitely financed it myself lol. Only have a carport to work out of with a decent shop that the tools and equipment are in and a small utility room with the carport. Definitely not easy... Got it together and at the track last month. TNT twice so far and 1 bracket race. Don't see me going off to do anything else except get a Nova STREETCAR or a Harley/motorcycle but I'm too invested in this to get rid of it anytime soon. Probably going to be a drag racer for as long as I can financially stand to be

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.