Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 7 motor passes 2 gas passes im gonna dial in my other system should i use these plugs because the nitrous will clean them off or put a fresh set in i figured i could use these and still get a read because they have been run a little any suggestions helpfull:cool:

·
50Sick
2,999 Posts
We actually make a plug change every pass. I dont know how reliable of a plug reading you can have using a plug more than once. I think it would be very easy to steer you in the wrong direction...........

·
Registered
624 Posts
When we race or go out testing we use a fresh set everytime.We use the plugs from prior race or testing for warming up the motor then we put in a fresh set.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
When we race or go out testing we use a fresh set everytime.We use the plugs from prior race or testing for warming up the motor then we put in a fresh set.
It ain't cheap but that's what I do and what my buddy does with his O/L 10.5 Chevelle.

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
Plugs are real cheap compared to engine parts, put in the fresh set and pay close attention to them after you get both kits dialed in you can always put them back in and put some laps on them if you want.

Richard Gavle

·
Registered
710 Posts
If we dont touch anything we make about 3 passes on the same plugs.But if we are tunning up the nos new plugs untill we think were safe and runs good.

·
Registered
332 Posts
during testing, we use a fresh set for each run to get the most accurate plug reading. when racing... 1/8 mile we'll get 2 passes before putting a new set in. 1/4 mile we'll put a fresh set in everytime whether we testing or racing due to the fact 1/4 is harder on parts.

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
when testing on a conservative tune i will run about 3 1/8 mile passes and change em but alot of time i change plugs before every pass so i can stay on top of the tune when conditions change i dont like making trips to machine shop or engine builder that often

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.