Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Just curious Randy, how much hp do you think it had to go that fast at that weight? Truly curious from a physics perspective.

·
Registered
642 Posts
These HP calculators are estimates.
A combination with a wide power band and efficient power transfer will accelerate the mass far better than a combination that has a very narrow power band and inefficient power transfer.
One engine may have more peak dyno HP, but it doesn't accelerate as fast as another with less peak HP.

But wth do I know?

·
Registered
28,207 Posts
Just curious Randy, how much hp do you think it had to go that fast at that weight? Truly curious from a physics perspective.
Mine? Around 740. His? 700 or less. Just my opinion. For instance, at 2,500#’’s, I think we could have ran some 40’s, or high 30’s. Just a guess. And over 130 mph. 520#’s lighter is a great boost for an engine under 290”

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
thanks
wallece calculators are a great site but i want to now what other people have to say, in real life and real track hp numbers

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
here is a racepak graf of the race have some wheel spinn feel free to comment

·
Registered
5,657 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
But, our engine had no where near 816 hp.
That's because you are looking at track day mph. Weather conditions and elevation will play a factor on score board numbers. Always correct your run back to std day.

Reactions: CFMCNC

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
We were in about 2,500 ft air that day. Approximately.
Exactly. Now correct the run back to sea level. Everyone should be correcting every run. That's the only way to log gains or losses.

Reactions: CFMCNC

·
Registered
28,207 Posts
Exactly. Now correct the run back to sea level. Everyone should be correcting every run. That's the only way to log gains or losses.
But, regardless, I only had around 739 hp. On, what I call, a normally corrected dyno. I think he realistically sets it to be at around 1,000 ft. Coincides With where we actually live.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Most calculators I’ve used put you roughly 100hp lower than dyno runs.That accounts for correction and air density and alritude.

·
Registered
28,207 Posts
Most calculators I’ve used put you roughly 100hp lower than dyno runs.That accounts for correction and air density and alritude.
Could be. All I can do is give dyno info, and et, and mph. I ain’t t smart enough to figure the rest of it out. I know at the same weight, with an iron headed engine, at 638 hp, we ran 6.16.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Could be. All I can do is give dyno info, and et, and mph. I ain’t t smart enough to figure the rest of it out. I know at the same weight, with an iron headed engine, at 638 hp, we ran 6.16.
If you go by 2500lbs and 6.16 that is
As shows above. Almost 100hp off your dyno report.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Because the calculators are spot on huh?!? Lol
I didn’t say that. Maybe his dyno is giving closer to non corrected hp. A well dialed chassis will also contribute. The calculators are not dead nuts on but due work as a good guideline. Everyone here im sure understands that.Note i did refer to the 100hp difference.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts