Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much should a 540 cid .bbc with a good alum . head and about 15 to 1 comp .? what kind of hp. and torque can i expect lets just say the best of the best engine biulders is biulding it ?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just my o2 anything is possible but a big cheif headed 565 will struggle slightly to make 1000 hp with 1 carb

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
no it can be reached or real close to 1000hp even with the conventional head on a 565 but you better pick the right builder. the sysmetrical heads can go 1050 0r a little more with a single dominator. check out lukovich racing engines

·
T/S 368E
35,206 Posts

Schmidt's closer to us. Has several options, crate motor but not cookie cutter.
As said, some places use cheap junk & minimum wage skilled guys to build them.

·
aka hulk
4,965 Posts
how much should a 540 cid .bbc with a good alum . head and about 15 to 1 comp .? what kind of hp. and torque can i expect lets just say the best of the best engine biulders is biulding it ?
why would you limit yourself to a 540??i woud do a 565 or bigger,like other people said it shoul not be hard to get 1000-plus out of a big chief -headed 565,a friend i race with had his motor dynoed, and with a conventionel head made 1020,and change,its a 565,personally if it were me i would go with a 598-or bigger,and put a good head on it....like a big chief....just my 02

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
why would you limit yourself to a 540??i woud do a 565 or bigger,like other people said it shoul not be hard to get 1000-plus out of a big chief -headed 565,a friend i race with had his motor dynoed, and with a conventionel head made 1020,and change,its a 565,personally if it were me i would go with a 598-or bigger,and put a good head on it....like a big chief....just my 02
only 540 because my freind is sponsoring my car and that is the engine he is using so im just along for the ride i hope it goes n/a 8.80s if it does ill be happy 3000lbs ,not areodynamic,th400 full chrome moly rd tube chassis,16x33 4.11 gear .....we should be close

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.