Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to pull some weight outta my car to get to 6.00 since my gear change. It ran 6.074, 6.082 and 6.091 last friday night with mph between 113.7 and 114.5 I THINK I need to pull 50lbs, does this seem correct? Cars weighs 3005lb fueled, w/driver.

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody??

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Just a thought but if you change the launch characteristics slightly so it doesn't lift the front as much you might just be able to cover that. Maybe :p

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a thought but if you change the launch characteristics slightly so it doesn't lift the front as much you might just be able to cover that. Maybe :p
We added anti roll and weight to the front over the winter. It leaves about 6" to 8" up now.

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well hell take that weight out then you'll have it covered LOL
Ive got 25lb ballast over the rearend to remove and the wheelie bars arent needed now so they are coming off to for the weight reduction if needed.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Heck, that's a lot of weight right there. You should cover the number easy without those.

Have you tried tightening up the rear suspension (shocks, springs) so it doesn't squat so much. All that movement translates into lost et.

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heck, that's a lot of weight right there. You should cover the number easy without those.

Have you tried tightening up the rear suspension (shocks, springs) so it doesn't squat so much. All that movement translates into lost et.
Yeah theyre as stiff as I can run them and still transfer properly.

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It leaves good now, its just geared to high for my tires. 4.56/29.5 is the problem, my 5.67s were about to go so I swapped back to the 4.56s that I had. Heres a recent photo of the car leaving.

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The 70lbs = .10 rule is for 1/8 or 1/4 I guess is what I should of asked, LOL!

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can someone tell me if 70lbs=.10 in the 1/8th for a 3005lb 6.0 index car??

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They say a 100lbs is worth a tenth, but who knows I believe it's different with every car.
If I pull to much then Im stuck pedal racing or breaking out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts