Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm thinking of putting areospace brakes on my foxbody which has factory five lug drums on back and factory disc on front(drums and rotors came off a ranger truck) and was curious how weight would it lose...thanks

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
I dont have any idea what your current set up might weigh. You can most likely find out fairly easy. Call AeroSpace and ask them what you want to buy from them weighs and that will get ya pretty close to answering your question. Good Luck!

·
Registered
893 Posts
not sure on Fox body stuff, but for my GM metric Aerospace front brakes it was a bunch. The box with the new brakes weighed 34#. If I remember right one stock rotor & caliper weighed almost that.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
i switched from 10.5 in' gm rotors and calipers to willwoods, saved about 42 #s total. stops as good if not better than before.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
i'm thinking of putting areospace brakes on my foxbody which has factory five lug drums on back and factory disc on front(drums and rotors came off a ranger truck) and was curious how weight would it lose...thanks
You will save 30 lbs on the front, and 10 lbs on the rear.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
32 lbs on my Fox fronts. Still have the drum rear. Nice brakes, easy mods to bolt on, 5th season with them, 10 sec car.

Jim

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
I have a 71 Cutlass. Back in 92 i went with Aerospace brakes all around on my car. It had factory disc brakes up front and Ford 9 inch rear drums. The weight difference between the two was 80LBS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts