Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says, how much weight is worth 3 mph???

Is it 800 lbs lol??? I don't think so...

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends who you ask. Do you still have your F1X? Want to sell it? :smt035:smt035:smt035
How many you want, I got some coming in...

Testing tomorrow with it also. ..

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
John is screwing with everyone. No way he takes one hundred pounds off of the F1X. The F1R, I could see. But any combo that's already been .50's gets weight off?

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
the real question is, how much more horsepower do you have to make to out run a combo thats 800 lbs lighter BY 3 to 4 MPH ?

jay

·
Registered
12,568 Posts
Re: How much weight is 3 mph worth?

John is screwing with everyone. No way he takes one hundred pounds off of the F1X. The F1R, I could see. But any combo that's already been .50's gets weight off?
The F1X doesn't make the combo

·
Registered
3,325 Posts

How's that? You think DJ would have went .58 with his motor and the F1R?
Wasn't Chris Evans knocking on the 50's door.....with a junk motor ????!!!!

·
Registered
12,568 Posts

How's that? You think DJ would have went .58 with his motor and the F1R?
You make it sound like since X goes 50s no X combo gets weight off? This isnt turbocharging I don't know why everyone making a big deal because a turbo car been 40s at 3200. Why is it OK for every combo but the blower to be fast? I have said for long time the sbnos is too light. These 1000hp small blocks spraying 650 make more power then me. Lol

·
Godspeed TK!
8,989 Posts

Wasn't Chris Evans knocking on the 50's door.....with a junk motor ????!!!!

No...not even close when I had an F1R , [email protected] best pass I made @ 3125#
May have went a lower .70 or so if I had my car geared like I do now(Maybe).

·
Registered
4,885 Posts

You make it sound like since X goes 50s no X combo gets weight off? This isnt turbocharging I don't know why everyone making a big deal because a turbo car been 40s at 3200. Why is it OK for every combo but the blower to be fast? I have said for long time the sbnos is too light. These 1000hp small blocks spraying 650 make more power then me. Lol
I need the phone number of this engine builder and nitrous tuner, please.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Everyone keeps complaining about mph and HP, but the biggest thing separating the avg. guys from the front runners is 60' and 330' times. I went 1.11,3.00 to go the [email protected], now what would pick me up more 2-3mph out back or .02-03 off my 60'?
Those numbers are real close to what I ran DJ. The only thing I could say is that if you were running more MPH out the back you would probably be making more HP then you are now which in turn would accelerate the car harder/quicker through the front as well. Would you agree?

·
Registered
12,568 Posts

I need the phone number of this engine builder and nitrous tuner, please.
Call BES or get you a Fulton sbx and put you a 64 in it. Lmao

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Those numbers are real close to what I ran DJ. The only thing I could say is that if you were running more MPH out the back you would probably be making more HP then you are now which in turn would accelerate the car harder/quicker through the front as well. Would you agree?
Somewhat, we had the power to 60' harder, just needed more time on a good track to get car lined out. Now a little more power would definitely effect the 330' number which in turn would effect ET. But my main point is how many guys you see running 156+ mph and cant get out 60's or even 70's. Its not just HP that's separating the pack, the guys going fast have put in the work, optimized their combo and deserve to be in front the pack for the most part. There are a few combo's that could be tweeked a little but for the most part, imo, everything is pretty close considering its a heads up type class, shit will always have to be tweeked since new parts are constantly being added to the equation.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts

Call BES or get you a Fulton sbx and put you a 64 in it. Lmao
I already have a BES engine in it and so does Ron.

·
Registered
12,568 Posts

I already have a BES engine in it and so does Ron.
So what are you saying bes can't build 1000hp small block? Let me ask why is a small block 700 pounds lighter than a big block? The engines are within 100 or 200 hp does it take that much weight off to run fast as big block. I'm just asking opinions

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Somewhat, we had the power to 60' harder, just needed more time on a good track to get car lined out. Now a little more power would definitely effect the 330' number which in turn would effect ET. But my main point is how many guys you see running 156+ mph and cant get out 60's or even 70's. Its not just HP that's separating the pack, the guys going fast have put in the work, optimized their combo and deserve to be in front the pack for the most part. There are a few combo's that could be tweeked a little but for the most part, imo, everything is pretty close considering its a heads up type class, shit will always have to be tweeked since new parts are constantly being added to the equation.
Who sez this ??!! Doose

1 - 20 of 115 Posts