Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
540 BBC 13.5 to 1 comp. Aluminum bb2 Brodix heads. Believe they are 345's. Believe it's a 290crane cam. Somewhere around 737 737 lift. Single plane 1050Dominator. Don't have paperwork on hand right now.

·
Registered
7,504 Posts
Mark do you consider max compression 13.5? I see a lot around 15 and more, which is where I would think one would call max...… And while we are there what would be considered the difference you would use based on compression?

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Majority of 540 shelf pistons will not get to 15 with a basic 119-121 head chamber. If you get there, it would have a higher dome which could need more timing to get the flame travel over the hill. Is that what you are asking/

·
Registered
7,504 Posts
It was more in regards to this ''38 is common on 24 degree heads and max compression'' but 13.5 isn't max,,,

what would be considered the difference you would use based on compression?,,"based on compression alone" << meaning where would you go with the timing with this thing? I then realised that this would be off topic somewhat so started this thread,,,Ignition timing Vs compression apologises, it was a little obscure question and I can now see why you had difficulty understanding,,, Maybe that helped...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts