Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
THE PHENOMENAL ONE
12,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Combo is 289 aussie block, twisted wedge heavily modified heads w/220 thou angle mill. lunati nitrous cam, blah,blah, has all the good internals to take the juice. I have a IS sledge hammer kit and will be starting at 150 shot, how much timing should I pull to start with? Car also has a Coan C4 with brake, I'm thinking it also might have to much gear, 4.86 in it now, what do you guys think about a 4.30 gear Car weighs 3246 with me in it. 7.50 1/8th mile car on motor, I shift at 6500 and it just starts to bring the shift light on thru the lights. BTW, I just bought a MSD 7AL-3 to handle everything, finally canned the old 6A,lol.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Compression ratio? And what's your current timing on motor?

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you're going through the lights and just tripping the shift light as it sits, you'll can bet you'll be well past it with the nitrous. If you have the 4:30s laying around, give them a shot, if nothing else you can see how it affects things and should keep you off the limiter.

Assuming you're timing is optimized for motor only, you'd be taking anywhere from 3-6* from that point, when in doubt take it out. Too much taken out will kill performance, make it act lazy/rich, but won't kill anything.

Sorry to be kinda vague, but like Steve says, more detailed info would net more precise advice. As it is, this should give you a place to start.

Mike

·
THE PHENOMENAL ONE
12,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Base is around 10 degrees, sunoco 110, 10:1 compression, cam is a custom grind nitrous cam from Lunati (roller) I don't have specifics on it.

·
Super Moderator
12,145 Posts
Base is around 10 degrees, sunoco 110, 10:1 compression, cam is a custom grind nitrous cam from Lunati (roller) I don't have specifics on it.
So now there's another twist ?? base timing is at 10* ?? So you're saying the distributor is NOT locked out ?? If not, what is TOTAL timing after the mechanical advance ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts