Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much spray have you guys gotten away with on hypereutectic pistons? I have dished KBs in a 466 bbf and have sprayed 73 squared a bunch of times without a problem. Im going with a forged stroker kit eventually but would like to get low 10s out of my current set up. Has been 6.76 101 in the 1/8th.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I sprayer 110 116. I believe it was for well over 250 passes which also included 20,000 street miles. Never changed plugs didn't have a clue what I was doing...lol never hurt a thing. Pulled it out and everything looked new and I sold it

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I've been 6.40s in the 1/8 with Speed Pro hypers in a 306. IMO, it all in the tune. If you screw up, the hypers will be a lot less forgiving.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to hear others have had good luck with junk pistons lol. Juiced, how much nitrous did you spray? Im hoping to get away with an 82 jet or a really small first stage and a medium 2nd to get the truck to hook on drag radials.

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
i just got a cheater kit for my stock bottom end smallblock with cast pistons...When you guys say stay safe on the tune, im assuming not detonating- would the fat tuneups that are provided in the NOS kits be considered a "safe tune" or are they too fat that they'll actually hurt the motor?

not to thread hijack, but I always hear guys say a safe tune, so im just wondering what you guys recommend to stay safe with it

·
Registered
230 Posts
i just got a cheater kit for my stock bottom end smallblock with cast pistons...When you guys say stay safe on the tune, im assuming not detonating- would the fat tuneups that are provided in the NOS kits be considered a "safe tune" or are they too fat that they'll actually hurt the motor?

not to thread hijack, but I always hear guys say a safe tune, so im just wondering what you guys recommend to stay safe with it

what jets did it come with. for 100 and 150 shot? I have a cheater system like 15 years ago. i have the stock jetting for 175 shot, i know it had a bigger jet on the fuel everyone says it was way fat now. i also ran like 6.5 fuel pressure so i was probably way fat but it ran good and never had any problems, plugs looked great. I would square it up, just get a good fuel pump. i ran a mallory 140 for engine and nitrous. I ran 10.50s with this at 130 on the stock fuel liine, maybe i was just lucky lol.

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
Well I dont actually have the kit home yet, just bought it off another member here a few days ago. Im assuming its a newer kit, and I believe the smallest jets the cheaters come with is for 150 right? I was probably going to jet down to 100 to start (i think ill have to buy those seperately).

So as long as I stay fat with the tune, or atleast follow the instructions, ill be good as far as a "safe tune" goes?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would say so, i dont think they would recomend something that was going to cause problems, i think they might have changed the jets to be squared at least on the smaller sizes, i saw them awhile back but dont remember.

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
I would say so, i dont think they would recomend something that was going to cause problems, i think they might have changed the jets to be squared at least on the smaller sizes, i saw them awhile back but dont remember.
you are right, just looked at them, and the new tunes are sqaured on the smaller sizes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts