Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.......on your street/strip car? Is there a certain percentage that is lost?
Can you run nitrous and race fuel through them without blowing them out?
I want to have them in my Trans Am but of course don't want to hurt performance either. I'll probably end up just gutting them but figured I'd ask on here.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I ran them on my truck to keep the noise down when I had the 2.6 KB and spraying 125. Truck made 862 at the tires on the bottle. It blew the cats to shit. I would say replacing them all the time is more of a concern than flow. I've seen alot of nitrous cars with cats at the 600rwhp mark with no issues.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,397 Posts
I wouldn't gut them, cost to much to replace later. Just remove and add a "Test pipe".

They are a big restriction, and spraying n2o could result in exhaust temp high enough to melt the catalyst substrait...

·
Registered
49,432 Posts
Not so much a restriction as more or less a fialure issue.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I basically want them on the car in case I get pulled over and they start going over the car, checking cats and giving me problems. I have no problem gutting them so they at least "look" like I'm running them.
I'm going to be running E85 but race gas for the nitorus fuel system, don't know anything about egt's for E85 but I would imagine even if they are a little cooler it still would be too much for the cats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts