Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 511 cu. in. BBC with brodix bb2x heads ported and polished matched to the intake with shaft rockers. is 14 to 1 compression with hellfire low retention rings vaccum pump running a nitrous proflow dual stage cross bar plate

·
I kill parts
10,216 Posts
x3 - I was running a .117 and even a .119 pill on the 496 with similiar heads/intake, but a little less compression, roller rockers/girdle, and no vac pump. - We checked it after 40ish passes and it still looked great, it's back together now and will be out in two weeks either with the same kit or with two fairly big kits.

·
workin it
7,778 Posts
don't be a puss, spray that bitch!!! I spray more on a stock block/crank/rods/heads pontiac 455. All out of the hole I might add. You've got the parts to do it, bring us back some numbers!!:D

·
I kill parts
10,216 Posts
What kind of times did you get out of yours?
3026lbs on a 10.5W's, 4.56 rear gear, stock 2.48 low th400, no progressive or timer - we went 1.17 60ft on the rears and 5.35 @ 128.

The converter was for our blown combo and was 1k-1200 too tight(flashed 3800-4k w/ the spray). With the converter right I'm sure it would have liked a 4.30 rear gear and a 2.10 low, could have squeezed some more out of it. - I was happy for just being a thrown together combo out of misc parts we had. Was my first time really playing with nitrous and is just a stock 2-bolt GM block.

That motor is now in a 2500lb car with a 4.10 rear gear; hoping to get a second kit on it by next weekend to hit it a little harder but spread it out a little. One way or the other I'm sure we'll get it into the 4's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts