Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
doesnt the gain influenced by multiple stages, timing retard, progressive controllers and total amount sprayed? would a car expect to gain 30+ mph on a 150 shot running 10-11s? compare that to some of the faster cars running x275 and outlaw radial.

i would also assume how the converter is setup would immensely effect backdoor mph gain

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
doesnt the gain influenced by multiple stages, timing retard, progressive controllers and total amount sprayed? would a car expect to gain 30+ mph on a 150 shot running 10-11s? compare that to some of the faster cars running x275 and outlaw radial.

i would also assume how the converter is setup would immensely effect backdoor mph gain
His is a t56 car.

I have a friend that runs the texastrue10.5 that gains 36-37 on low 8 sec car.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts

It's weird but the controllers and stuff dont really effect it much unless the car is 60' VERY poorly. On a 10 sec setup, you should have all your power in within 2 secs. If you cant, then you need some suspension/traction help. 27-29 mph in a setup in the low 10's seems to be about normal from the thousands of time slips that I have looked at. If it's considerably less, you should be looking for problems. The slower you go, the less you will pickup out the back. The faster you go the more you will pickup. For instance, on my 8.9 passes I picked up a little over 32 out the back. On Steve's 7.9 passes, he picks up almost 37 mph. Turbo cars usually pick up a little more than the N2O cars.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Won't it be less if you started spraying the top of first vs off the line?
I would think it would be more.
I usually pick up 28-29mph when I spray off the line without spinning and on slick tracks where I have 3+ seconds in the progressive the number is closer to 30-31mph

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
I would think it would be more.
I usually pick up 28-29mph when I spray off the line without spinning and on slick tracks where I have 3+ seconds in the progressive the number is closer to 30-31mph
Correct, the later the power comes in the more you pickup on the second half. If the power is there from the start, you will end up with more mph to the 1/8 and about the same at the 1/4. It's wierd how the 1/4 mph doesn't vary much regardless of what happens in the first 330' or so. The ET is where you see your changes.

That's why I ask them to put my 60' on the ET board when I test and tune. If I see a weak 60' on the board at the begining of the pass, I just abort the run before I'm even to the 1/8. No sense stressing out the components for a sub par timeslip.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Correct, the later the power comes in the more you pickup on the second half. If the power is there from the start, you will end up with more mph to the 1/8 and about the same at the 1/4. It's wierd how the 1/4 mph doesn't vary much regardless of what happens in the first 330' or so. The ET is where you see your changes.

That's why I ask them to put my 60' on the ET board when I test and tune. If I see a weak 60' on the board at the begining of the pass, I just abort the run before I'm even to the 1/8. No sense stressing out the components for a sub par timeslip.
Thought I was the only one to do that LOL,,
I have the tower give me my 60 and 330 times over the radio when I am testing and just shut it down if a certain number is not there.. Even though the other night I was getting so frustrated that the track was slick so I just ice skated around and ran 11.11 @ 138.xx on a 100 shot LOL back 1/2 pick up was 32.8mph

·
LSXTTFMF
927 Posts
I know this is a few day's old but thought I'd add to it, I run a full weight 98 TA with an iron block LQ4 with unported 5.3 heads and a G5X3 cam with a 150 hit and ran [email protected] in the 1/8 and [email protected] out the back door. This is also a T56 shifted car

My Camaro I've not got nailed on a good pass yet due to traction issues but it's averaged some 6.8-7.0 runs @ 102mph in the 1/8 and I've gone anywhere from [email protected] (lazy 3-4 shift with a limiter hit) to a [email protected] NA.

So the TA on the jug averaged a 28-29mph increase and my NA Camaro averages 25-27mph increase.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
It would seem that the weight and aerodynamics would play a real big part also. A late model Camaro, T/A or a Mustang would likely go down the second half of the track a lot better than a old muscle car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts