Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is my first post on here and I am askin a difficult question but here it goes..My car runs 8.40's on a 32 jet pro race fogger/soft plume nozzles.
I want to put a plate on it also and want to know approx. how much more will I need to spray to make a 7sec pass? Should I jet the fogger down some and put more in the plate?Traction is not an issue. any ideas?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Your going to need a big 2nd kit to get there. I am guessing at least another shot as big as you are now spraying but probably more.
I would step up the fogger first and see if you can get at least 165 MPH out of that first since traction is not a problem.

·
Grandpa
6,479 Posts
Your going to need a big 2nd kit to get there. I am guessing at least another shot as big as you are now spraying but probably more.
I would step up the fogger first and see if you can get at least 165 MPH out of that first since traction is not a problem.
whats your theory in thinking he will need that much?I am not knocking what you are saying,I am just wondering.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I think there are way to many variables to accurately answer this question. Will the motor respond to more nitrous or is it already close to it's limit. Will the extra power now blow through the converter,will it run out of gear,will traction now be an issue? All you can do it try it and see. 8.40 to 7.99 is a big jump and it's gonna take a decent amount of power to make it happen. The faster you go the harder it is to pick up a tenth or 4 in your case. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

·
X275 O.G.
2,353 Posts
8.40'S to 7.90's it isn't about jet size it's about wallet size. :D

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,957 Posts
I've gone from 10.1 to 9.2 with a 150hp shot. Why couldn't he add another 100hp to 150hp shot via a plate and get the .4 he is looking for? As long as he isn't out of gear, the convertor can handle it, the chassis can handle it, the tire will hook, and the exhaust can get rid of the extra flow.................Worth a shot anyway! Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I've gone from 10.1 to 9.2 with a 150hp shot. Why couldn't he add another 100hp to 150hp shot via a plate and get the .4 he is looking for? As long as he isn't out of gear, the convertor can handle it, the chassis can handle it, the tire will hook, and the exhaust can get rid of the extra flow.................Worth a shot anyway! Good Luck!

The law of diminishing returns. The gain you get on the second 150 isn't going to be what you gained on the first 150.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,957 Posts
Yes, I have no doubt about that.
Thing is, if he is only looking four another .4 or so, another 150hp shot wouldn't do it?

The ET needs to be made off the line though. Adding another 150hp after the 60ft won't help him much.

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
I know this is my first post on here and I am askin a difficult question but here it goes..My car runs 8.40's on a 32 jet pro race fogger/soft plume nozzles.
I want to put a plate on it also and want to know approx. how much more will I need to spray to make a 7sec pass? Should I jet the fogger down some and put more in the plate?Traction is not an issue. any ideas?
I've been to this dance... You're talkin about takin a half second off an 8.40 car.... That is a lot.. Not knowing what eng combo you have now, makes it hard to say.. Tell me what you have now, and what it runs unassisted, then we'll take a shot at it..
Maddawg

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
some may not agree, but if all things are in place, converter, gear, cyl head efficiency,etc, its going to need about 275-350hp more to get it done. just an opinion. good luck any how!!! hehehe

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
So you think your 10.1 to 9.2 with another 150 shot will go 8.3?
Wishful thinkin, but it dont work that way...

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
The ET needs to be made off the line though. Adding another 150hp after the 60ft won't help him much.[/quote]
Are you really sure about that?

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,957 Posts
Another 275 or so for .4 ET? I won't disagree simply because I have no idea what it will take. I'd like to see though.

I've seen NHRA Prostock gain .2 simply from good air. Do you think they are gaining another 200hp? I've had my own car go from 9.80's in awesome air (-1000ft) to as slow as 10.5's in crap air (3000ft). The extra torque from a 150-200hp shot off the line should get him close, no?

Well, put a small plate on there and go try it so we can see what happens!

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,957 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty sure adding another 150hp AFTER the 60ft isn't going to help too much. No where near as much as using it in the first 60ft.
I wish adding another 150hp shot would get me going 8.3 but that ain't happening! I couldn't ass enough juice to get it going 8.3's simply because the engine was not built as a nitrous motor, the convertor and rear gear are set up to run a little bit in between what it wants NA and with N2O. The chassis wouldn't handle the power most likely and isn't certified past 8.5 anyway.

·
Registered
373 Posts
whats your theory in thinking he will need that much?I am not knocking what you are saying,I am just wondering.
Thats how much I have to spray to run 7.80's @ big kits and I can run a lot more MPH on just my 1st kit.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I run 33/28 in my fogger which is good for 8.20 at 170
My second kit is a double cross plate with 4 102 jets.
2 nitrous and 2 fuel jets. Probably somewhere in the 400 horse range.

I am a true 10.5 class car so I cannot throw more at it on the launch but my 2nd kit gives me another .4 from 8.20 to 7.80
It takes a lot more than a 150 shot to make up .4

1 - 20 of 22 Posts