Yellow Bullet Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Back to the front!
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
i posted that to show you it can be done. where does the convertor stall to? DON'T BE Afraid to put some convertor behind it.. i had a 8" that hit right at 4900 drove that car to work everyday for 2 yrs and everywhere i went..
no converter in this setup...Leavin at 5k off a two step dumping the clutch does it for me! :cool:

Hopefully I will have enough gear with this new motor since with the 4.10's and 28" tires I was hitting 5500rpm in the traps (Needed to hit about 6100)...so with the added torque and power of the stroker im thinking that the 4.10's should put right where I need to be since im probably going to be building for the same powerband (up to low 6k or so)

What did your setup rev at on the highway with that converter and 4.30 gears?

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
3400 makes 65mph w/ a 28 inch tall tire the converter is a non issue this is a myth I tow a trailer with a 6500 stall and a 29.5 tire and 4.30 gear

·
pig hunter
9,424 Posts
like jeff said. driving down the road you would have never known i was stalling at 4900. like jeff i have had convertors that have gone over 6000 on the street. i believe jake lun41109 here has a 6900 and did dragweek this yr towing a trailer the whole way.. i can tell you with a well built 904 and a 4500+ convertor your car would run 11.9s right know.. i can't remeber what rpms i was running at going down the hiway. i had a 30 tall tire. had mini tubs spread the q's 2" for the tall tire. most guy couldn't tell the wheel wells where 2" longer.. even dye hard mopar guys lololol..

·
Back to the front!
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
well this car is never getting an automatic...I know nothing about converters mainly because I never plan on using one in my car lol

·
pig hunter
9,424 Posts
well a liberty clucthless would do the trick at 7k.. lololol j/k.. i'm a mopar guy at heart, i have had a few over the yrs. fastest one was a bigblock in a ford lolololol....

21 - 26 of 26 Posts