Yellow Bullet Forums banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
26,345 Posts
Yes, the mask study was from 2015.

However, they said it was for 'flu" viruses and specifically said the corona virus is even smaller virus size than the flu. thus, the masks would be even less effective with the covid-19 than flu sized particles.

I guess what my point to you is, their are studies (scientific ) of masks done by alleged credible sources, and those fuckers cant agree. So, how do us NON scientist people know the truth, other than picking a side?

my opinion is, based on all these 'credible' fucks that don't agree on shit, my thought is the "science" is BS at best when they can't even post clear results within their own community. Its all fuzzy math in the end. which means, there is really more opinion to it all, than actual science.
Yet.....they don't disagree. That is why masks are widely used throughout the medical community. Your laymen's understanding is they disagree.

They don't.

·
Registered
23,410 Posts
A moron calling others an idiot...

Moron
Careful.

he might not actually be a "moron" .

He could be a 'Mormon' that simply misplaced his 'm' .

Then again, you are probably correct !!

·
Registered
20,902 Posts
Careful.

he might not actually be a "moron" .

He could be a 'Mormon' that simply misplaced his 'm' .

Then again, you are probably correct !!
Preponderance of the evidence, my friend, preponderance of the evidence

·
Registered
20,902 Posts
Recent Studies:
Rothe C, Schunk M, Sothmann P, et al. Transmission of 2019-nCoV Infection from an Asymptomatic Contact in Germany. The New England journal of medicine. 2020;382(10):970-971. PMID: 32003551external icon
Zou L, Ruan F, Huang M, et al. SARS-CoV-2 Viral Load in Upper Respiratory Specimens of Infected Patients. The New England journal of medicine. 2020;382(12):1177-1179. PMID: 32074444external icon
Pan X, Chen D, Xia Y, et al. Asymptomatic cases in a family cluster with SARS-CoV-2 infection. The Lancet Infectious diseases. 2020. PMID: 32087116external icon
Bai Y, Yao L, Wei T, et al. Presumed Asymptomatic Carrier Transmission of COVID-19. Jama. 2020. PMID: 32083643external icon
Kimball A HK, Arons M, et al. Asymptomatic and Presymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 Infections in Residents of a Long-Term Care Skilled Nursing Facility — King County, Washington, March 2020. MMWR Morbidity and mortality weekly report. 2020; ePub: 27 March 2020. PMID: 32240128external icon
Wei WE LZ, Chiew CJ, Yong SE, Toh MP, Lee VJ. Presymptomatic Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 — Singapore, January 23–March 16, 2020. MMWR Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. 2020;ePub: 1 April 2020. PMID: 32271722external icon
Li R, Pei S, Chen B, et al. Substantial undocumented infection facilitates the rapid dissemination of novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV2). Science (New York, NY). 2020. PMID: 32179701external icon
Furukawa NW, Brooks JT, Sobel J. Evidence Supporting Transmission of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 While Presymptomatic or Asymptomatic [published online ahead of print, 2020 May 4]. Emerg Infect Dis. 2020;26(7):10.3201/eid2607.201595. Link
Oran DP, Topol Prevalence of Asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 Infection: A Narrative Review [published online ahead of print, 2020 Jun 3]. Ann Intern Med. 2020;M20-3012. PMID: 32491919external icon
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. 2020. Rapid Expert Consultation on the Possibility of Bioaerosol Spread of SARS-CoV-2 for the COVID-19 Pandemic (April 1, 2020). Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. https://doi.org/10.17226/25769external icon.
Schwartz KL, Murti M, Finkelstein M, et al. Lack of COVID-19 transmission on an international flight. CMAJ. 2020;192(15):E410. PMID: 32392504external icon
Anfinrud P, Stadnytskyi V, Bax CE, Bax A. Visualizing Speech-Generated Oral Fluid Droplets with Laser Light Scattering. N Engl J Med. 2020 Apr 15. doi:10.1056/NEJMc2007800. PMID: 32294341external icon
Davies A, Thompson KA, Giri K, Kafatos G, Walker J, Bennett A. Testing the efficacy of homemade masks: would they protect in an influenza pandemic? Disaster Med Public Health Prep. 2013;7(4):413-8. PMID: 24229526external icon
Konda A, Prakash A, Moss GA, Schmoldt M, Grant GD, Guha S. Aerosol Filtration Efficiency of Common Fabrics Used in Respiratory Cloth Masks. ACS Nano. 2020 Apr 24. PMID: 32329337external icon
Aydin O, Emon B, Saif MTA. Performance of fabrics for home-made masks against spread of respiratory infection through droplets: a quantitative mechanistic study. medRxiv preprint doi: Performance of Fabrics for Home-Made Masks Against the Spread of Respiratory Infections Through Droplets: A Quantitative Mechanistic Study, posted April 24, 2020.
Ma QX, Shan H, Zhang HL, Li GM, Yang RM, Chen JM. Potential utilities of mask-wearing and instant hand hygiene for fighting SARS-CoV-2. J Med Virol. 2020. PMID: 32232986external icon
Leung, N.H.L., Chu, D.K.W., Shiu, E.Y.C. et al.Respiratory virus shedding in exhaled breath and efficacy of face masks. Nat Med. 2020. PMID: 32371934external icon
Johnson DF, Druce JD, Birch C, Grayson ML. A quantitative assessment of the efficacy of surgical and N95 masks to filter influenza virus in patients with acute influenza infection. Clin Infect Dis. 2009 Jul 15;49(2):275-7. PMID: 19522650external icon
Green CF, Davidson CS, Panlilio AL, et al. Effectiveness of selected surgical masks in arresting vegetative cells and endospores when worn by simulated contagious patients. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2012;33(5):487‐494. PMID: 22476275external icon
Fake news

·
Registered
23,410 Posts
I can still see it. It's still on page 2.

I think he meant it was pulled from You tube.

I don't think you tube can pull it from The Ingraham angle clip . I may be wrong on that, who knows.

·
Registered
259 Posts
This is fucking nuts. All this controversy over masks. You feel safer wearing one have at her, don't want to wear one, well that's your choice. If you are that fucking nervous about catching this bullshit, and yes I said bullshit because that's exactly what it is, Exaggerated bullshit like nothing we have ever seen before, than stay your ass at home. Plain and simple. Just my opinion but what do I know. We all are entitled to our own opinion. A blind and deaf man can clearly see what's going on in this world today. Am I saying it's fake, no. I don't want it anymore than I want influenza but guess what? Not a single one of us is going to control who gets it or who doesn't even tho most these idiots are convinced they can control this and lower the numbers if we just do this.... And this.... I stopped watching ANY news channels months ago because literally everything is so contradicting and complete lies. Nothing reported but doom and gloom. I've never ever seen so much garbage on the news in my entire life. Live your life, you do your thing and I will do mine. Difference is I don't start a fight with someone I see wearing one.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts