Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I want you to explain how people that think different from you, are idiots.

I am fully aware of how a dictionary defines an idiot.

And, at the moment you should simply be able to look in a mirror. No need for you to find a dictionary, and go to all the trouble of moving any of the pages around, to define an idiot.
You’re an idiot

·
Registered
23,410 Posts
CDC recommends that people wear cloth face coverings in public settings and when around people who don’t live in your household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.

Cloth face coverings may help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus to others.

Cloth face coverings are most likely to reduce the spread of COVID-19 when they are widely used by people in public settings.

Cloth face coverings should NOT be worn by children under the age of 2 or anyone who has trouble breathing, is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
The CDC is one of the agencies whom did the case studies in the video in Post #12 .

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Evidence for Effectiveness of Cloth Face Coverings
woman wearing face covering, with a detail showing how the cloth barrier helps to contain respiratory droplets that she exhales
Cloth face coverings are recommended as a simple barrier to help prevent respiratory droplets from traveling into the air and onto other people when the person wearing the cloth face covering coughs, sneezes, talks, or raises their voice. This is called source control. This recommendation is based on what we know about the role respiratory droplets play in the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19, paired with emerging evidence from clinical and laboratory studies that shows cloth face coverings reduce the spray of droplets when worn over the nose and mouth. COVID-19 spreads mainly among people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet), so the use of cloth face coverings is particularly important in settings where people are close to each other or where social distancing is difficult to maintain.

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
26,345 Posts
I was wondering if it changes your opinion at all as to the effectiveness of peoples home made cloth masks.

Not giving you shit, just asking.
Not really. I've posted case studies that contradict what was stated in that clip and it's easy to see that clip gives incomplete data. The part where they specifically cover cloth masks vs medical masks obviously show that medical masks are better, but, excluded proper use of cloth masks. For example, recommendations are that cloth masks need to be washed on a regular basis. At least once a day. Also, the recommendations of the study need to be taken in context of the study. That study recommends against the use of cloth against the alternative of medical. Well yeah....that's obvious. But, it does not recommend against the use of cloth when there is no other alternative.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I don’t know if the media will, but you and your non-mask wearing friends have already been “demonized” because you’re idiots.
The only idiots are people like you who think the fucking world is ending because your media overlords tell you it is.

Don't fear, just stay in your home, spray bleach on everything coming into your home, never go outside, and maybe the rest of us can enjoy our lives with idiots like you out of our way.

·
Registered
23,410 Posts
It’s stupid, that’s why, and Laura Ingrame is an idiot.
She simply posted the video of the studies done by many (including the CDC ) and interviewed the doctors. So, you have proof those studies are fake?

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Who Should Wear A Cloth Face Covering?
General public

CDC recommends all people 2 years of age and older wear a cloth face covering in public settings and when around people who don’t live in your household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
COVID-19 can be spread by people who do not have symptoms and do not know that they are infected. That’s why it’s important for everyone to wear cloth face coverings in public settings and practice social distancing (staying at least 6 feet away from other people).
While cloth face coverings are strongly encouraged to reduce the spread of COVID-19, CDC recognizes there are specific instances when wearing a cloth face covering may not be feasible. In these instances, adaptations and alternatives should be considered whenever possible (see below for examples).
People who know or think they might have COVID-19
If you are sick with COVID-19 or think you might have COVID-19, do not visit public areas. Stay home except to get medical care. As much as possible stay in a specific room and away from other people and pets in your home. If you need to be around other people or animals, wear a cloth face covering (including in your home).
The cloth face covering helps prevent a person who is sick from spreading the virus to others. It helps keep respiratory droplets contained and from reaching other people.
Caregivers of people with COVID-19
Those caring for someone who is sick with COVID-19 at home or in a non-healthcare setting may also wear a cloth face covering. However, the protective effects—how well the cloth face covering protects healthy people from breathing in the virus—are unknown. To prevent getting sick, caregivers should also continue to practice everyday preventive actions: avoid close contact as much as possible, clean hands often; avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands; and frequently clean and disinfect surfaces.

·
Registered
23,410 Posts
You’re an idiot
That does not answer my question.

You are an idiot.

See how that works.

Now, show me the science that proves which of us is the real idiot, idiot...…..

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Here’s How Wearing a Cloth Mask Helps Fight the Spread of Coronavirus
It's all about protecting others
FACEBOOKTWITTERLINKEDINPINTERESTEmail
Teen girl wearing cloth face mask
One big change as a result of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic is the increased use of masks in public. As the outbreak continues and parts of the country reopen, many localities and businesses are suggesting, even requiring, the wearing of masks or other types of face coverings to help prevent the spread of the virus.

Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
While medical-grade masks such as the N-95 mask provide the best protection against the spread, they’re hard to find and are mostly reserved for use by front-line healthcare workers. So many of us are wearing homemade masks — whether made ourselves or via friends or Etsy — made from cloth or even improvised masks made from scarves or bandannas.

But how effective are they in protecting you from the virus while wearing one? And how can they protect those around you?

We asked Steven Gordon, MD, Chairman of Cleveland Clinic’s Department of Infectious Disease, and pulmonologist Raed Dweik, MD, Chairman of Cleveland Clinic’s Respiratory Institute, about the science around these masks and why wearing them is important.

How masks protect us
Dr. Dweik confirms that those homemade masks, often made of material like cotton, won’t do much to protect you from inhaling particles that carry the virus. But they do protect wearers from possibly spreading the virus to others.

“There is evidence that such masks reduce the exhaled aerosols from infectious, but asymptomatic, individuals.” he says. By blocking the exhale of virus particles in to the air around you, your mask is keeping the virus from spreading.

Additionally, the masks serve as a really helpful physical barrier when you cough or sneeze. “Those actions can propel this cloud of droplets from you up to 25 or 26 feet,” he says. Your mask can “disrupt” that cloud and keep those virus particles from traveling.

Studies support masks
As for how we know this, Dr. Dweik explains, ”Our normal exhaled breath consists of tiny water droplets and fluid from the lining of the lungs that carries dissolved bacteria, viruses, proteins, metabolites and other compounds. As they enter the air, the aerosols begin to dry and, ultimately, only the dissolved materials remain.”

According to a pair of recently published journal articles, he says, those particles and materials collect on the inside of your mask and form a layer which attracts more particles. The studies showed that even after the masks had dried, those dissolved materials were still on the mask.

Both studies found that masks captured a wide range of proteins that are actually smaller than coronavirus particles, meaning, says Dr. Dweik, it’s reasonable to assume the masks are also capturing those larger coronavirus particles.

The importance of masks
As businesses reopen and employees return to work, masks can play a pivotal role in helping block the spread of the virus, especially from asymptomatic carriers. The more people in a given space wearing masks, the less viral particles are making it into the space around them, decreasing exposure and risk.

Not that they’re a total fix. As Dr. Gordon notes, “The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says masks potentially help prevent transmission when used as a complement to social distancing.”

Masks, he says, should be used in conjunction with social distancing, not as a replacement of that practice.

·
Registered
23,410 Posts
Not really. I've posted case studies that contradict what was stated in that clip and it's easy to see that clip gives incomplete data. The part where they specifically cover cloth masks vs medical masks obviously show that medical masks are better, but, excluded proper use of cloth masks. For example, recommendations are that cloth masks need to be washed on a regular basis. At least once a day. Also, the recommendations of the study need to be taken in context of the study. That study recommends against the use of cloth against the alternative of medical. Well yeah....that's obvious. But, it does not recommend against the use of cloth when there is no other alternative.

So, you agree, there are scientific studies that are 180 degrees apart in their findings ?

So, how does one decide which studies are the truth if even the "science guys" cannot agree?

Or, does one just pick a side, and stick with it?

And, if one does pick a side and stick with it, does that make one person "more smarter" than the other?
If so, how do you determine the smarter one? What science is used to make that determination?

·
Registered
23,410 Posts
Here’s How Wearing a Cloth Mask Helps Fight the Spread of Coronavirus
It's all about protecting others
FACEBOOKTWITTERLINKEDINPINTERESTEmail
Teen girl wearing cloth face mask
One big change as a result of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic is the increased use of masks in public. As the outbreak continues and parts of the country reopen, many localities and businesses are suggesting, even requiring, the wearing of masks or other types of face coverings to help prevent the spread of the virus.

Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
While medical-grade masks such as the N-95 mask provide the best protection against the spread, they’re hard to find and are mostly reserved for use by front-line healthcare workers. So many of us are wearing homemade masks — whether made ourselves or via friends or Etsy — made from cloth or even improvised masks made from scarves or bandannas.

But how effective are they in protecting you from the virus while wearing one? And how can they protect those around you?

We asked Steven Gordon, MD, Chairman of Cleveland Clinic’s Department of Infectious Disease, and pulmonologist Raed Dweik, MD, Chairman of Cleveland Clinic’s Respiratory Institute, about the science around these masks and why wearing them is important.

How masks protect us
Dr. Dweik confirms that those homemade masks, often made of material like cotton, won’t do much to protect you from inhaling particles that carry the virus. But they do protect wearers from possibly spreading the virus to others.

“There is evidence that such masks reduce the exhaled aerosols from infectious, but asymptomatic, individuals.” he says. By blocking the exhale of virus particles in to the air around you, your mask is keeping the virus from spreading.

Additionally, the masks serve as a really helpful physical barrier when you cough or sneeze. “Those actions can propel this cloud of droplets from you up to 25 or 26 feet,” he says. Your mask can “disrupt” that cloud and keep those virus particles from travel

The importance of masks

Not that they’re a total fix. As Dr. Gordon notes, “The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says masks potentially help prevent transmission when used as a complement to social distancing.”

Masks, he says, should be used in conjunction with social distancing, not as a replacement of that practice.

"Potentially help" ????

Gee, so in other words, potentially help, which by definition doesn't mean didlly squat fuck. Simply "it may help, but we fucking really don't know for sure" .

Because if it was for sure known, it would be stated as a fact.

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
26,345 Posts
So, you agree, there are scientific studies that are 180 degrees apart in their findings ?

So, how does one decide which studies are the truth if even the "science guys" cannot agree?

Or, does one just pick a side, and stick with it?

And, if one does pick a side and stick with it, does that make one person "more smarter" than the other?
If so, how do you determine the smarter one? What science is used to make that determination?
That's not what I said. I said the studies are taken out of refence. As I said medical masks will always be far more effective than cloth masks. That's exactly what that referenced study showed. When cloth is the only option they are still better than nothing.

·
Registered
23,410 Posts
That's not what I said. I said the studies are taken out of refence. As I said medical masks will always be far more effective than cloth masks. That's exactly what that referenced study showed. When cloth is the only option they are still better than nothing.

I have to disagree.

What I saw it said was the medical masks were at best 44 percent effective over a 12 hour day, and the cloth mask was ONLY 3 percent effective . Three percent effective is technically better than zero percent.

However, I reserve my right to say the difference is miniscule and doesn't matter at that point.

they didn't say it was better than nothing. they actually said, when it comes to the corona virus, it wouldn't do shit.

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
26,345 Posts
I have to disagree.

What I saw it said was the medical masks were at best 44 percent effective over a 12 hour day, and the cloth mask was ONLY 3 percent effective . Three percent effective is technically better than zero percent.

However, I reserve my right to say the difference is miniscule and doesn't matter at that point.

they didn't say it was better than nothing. they actually said, when it comes to the corona virus, it wouldn't do shit.
The case study refenced was from 2015. It didn't say shit about corona virus.

·
Registered
23,410 Posts
The case study refenced was from 2015. It didn't say shit about corona virus.

Yes, the mask study was from 2015.

However, they said it was for 'flu" viruses and specifically said the corona virus is even smaller virus size than the flu. thus, the masks would be even less effective with the covid-19 than flu sized particles.

I guess what my point to you is, their are studies (scientific ) of masks done by alleged credible sources, and those fuckers cant agree. So, how do us NON scientist people know the truth, other than picking a side?

my opinion is, based on all these 'credible' fucks that don't agree on shit, my thought is the "science" is BS at best when they can't even post clear results within their own community. Its all fuzzy math in the end. which means, there is really more opinion to it all, than actual science.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Look up the CDC and the WHO on YouTube. You will find videos where they actually say don’t wear a mask 😷 and they are NOT effective. If you actually believe they are 100% effective. You obviously have not worn a masks before in a dusty area.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts